UK NARIC – helping you apply to study or work in the UK

Manchester

Please note that since this article has been published immigration guidance has changed. Please see our post UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April which contains more up-to-date information.

If you are applying for a job or to study in the UK, but have qualifications from outside the UK, how can you be sure that you satisfy the necessary requirements? UK NARIC can help you!

UK NARIC provides information and advice about qualifications and skills to individuals from overseas; our services are designed to assist you when applying for jobs and courses in the UK.

Both UK NARIC’s Statement of Comparability and Career Path Report can help potential employers and education providers understand international qualifications by comparing an individual’s overseas awards to levels within the UK qualification frameworks, enabling them to make informed decisions about their applicants.

Statement of Comparability

UK NARIC can provide two officially-recognised documents. The first is a Statement of Comparability, which will include information about the standards of your awards in comparison to UK qualifications. It confirms the status of overseas qualifications and their comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It is used by universities, colleges, employers and Government departments and agencies, forming part of their decision-making process.

Career Path Report

Career Path Reports provide more detailed information about how an individual’s qualification compares to UK levels, the education system where the qualification was studied and recommendations for future study and/or professional development in the UK.

Both documents are available for qualifications awarded in many different kinds of institutions, including colleges, schools and universities. The main purpose of these documents is to ensure UK employers and education providers understand the level of your qualifications.

UK NARIC Application process

Applying to UK NARIC is easy; the best way to apply is online; simply visit www.naric.org.uk and click on the “Online Application” button. There is a cost for the services and you will be required to submit photocopies of your qualification documents with your application. UK NARIC can also save you the time and hassle of providing English translations for your qualification documents. For certain languages we offer a service whereby we use our in-house experts to evaluate qualifications from the original documents.

The Statement of Comparability and the Career Path Report take up to 15 working days to be produced, although this does not include delivery time. Having your qualifications reviewed and assessed by UK NARIC does not take long, but it could make a huge difference to your whole career in the UK.

Applying through the Points Based System*

If you live outside the European Economic Area and you wish to come to the UK to work or study then you will need to apply through the Points Based System (PBS) for immigration. Under the PBS there are a number of different routes through which you can apply; the main work route is Tier 2 and the study route is Tier 4.*

The Statement of Comparability and Career Path Report can help support your application.  These documents will clearly state the level of your qualifications in UK terms.

Before you apply through the Points Based System we suggest you check the Home Office website to ensure that you are supplying the correct documentation.

(this page can be viewed on the UK NARIC website http://bit.ly/Y8GbSx)

Tim Buttress, January 2013

*Please check the Home Office website to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information.

98 Comments on “UK NARIC – helping you apply to study or work in the UK”

1. Delipkumar says:

I am like uk i am love uk but i am like work and sitade{0094778606260}delipkumar

2. Study English in UK says:

Great post I like your post thanks for sharing with us.

3. Irfan says:

Hi, I am holding One Year Bachelor in Education Certificate (B.Ed) from University of Education , Lahore, Pakistan. This course is offered after Bachelor of Arts (B.A). I want to apply for a Statement of Comparability (SOC) but before applying for this I want to know that this programe is equivelant to which qualification in UK.

• UK NARIC says:

It is difficult to comment on individual cases. The best thing to do is either call us on 00 44 871 330 7033 and we should be able provide you with more information.

• susana says:

I have a degree to be finalized
        Not concludes two disciplines
        It is possible to make equivalence and finish his degree in England ?
        What should I do ?

Hi Susana,

UK NARIC is unable to provide comparison advice for incomplete qualifications but individual universities may at their discretion allow you to continue the course to completion in the UK. You would be better contacting individual universities offering a similar course to your original studies for further advice and although their advice and decisions may vary.

Kind regards

4. VERONICA says:

Hello, I’m Veronica and I’ve a postgraduate degree. the full name is LAUREA SPECIALISTICA IN RELAZIONI INTERNAZIONALI. I’m from Italy and I ‘m looking for a job in London. Well, the Naric can help me?thanks Veronica

Hello Veronica,
      Thank you for your email. We cannot help you find a job in the UK but we can help by providing a comparison of what your overseas qualifications equate to in the UK. Please visit our website for more details…https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx

Kind Regards

• VERONICA says:

thanks, I will do the application. Sorry about mistake,In the matter of my right question, I need to send two application form for the comparison with traslation qualifications and the carreer path report? I must pay two times?thanks

Hi Veronica,

In order to carry out a Career Path Report, we would need English translations. This applies to any application for this service whereby English is not the language of that country (or qualification). However, if you prefer to apply for the Statement of Comparability with Translation Waiver, then no English translations would be necessary. As these are two separate services, then two fees would apply. Ultimately, it’s your decision whether the Career Path Report or the Statement of Comparability is more appropriate for your requirements. Details and examples of both are available on the UK NARIC website (http://bit.ly/UiGPfl).

5. Joana says:

I’m an Environmental Engineer from Portugal, I’m living in London for about 5 years, I have also a post-graduation. I’m interested to take a master here in UK, I have all my certificates in Portuguese, unfortunately I don’t have my diplomas, cause they are not ready yet.What kind of service should I apply for? Thank you

• UK NARIC says:

You would probably find the Translation Waiver Service the best (http://bit.ly/TqlEq7) as this would mean that you don’t need to get the documents translated before you send them to us. As far as not having the certification is concerned this shouldn’t be a problem as long as there is clear evidence that you have completed the qualification. Hope this helps.

6. Pritam Prajapati says:

Hello, I’m Pritam living in London. I have completed my masters from millenium city academy in london but the awarding board is ESG part of paris graduate school of management. Do i still need to get the uk naric comparability to apply under tier 2 work permit?

• UK NARIC says:

Hi Pritam, thanks for the query. For information relating to work permits, you’d need to speak with the Home Office directly- as for the award itself, I think we’d need a bit more detail- could you contact us on 0871 330 7033 to discuss this further please? I hope this helps. With best regards, UK NARIC

• faiz says:

Hi Pritam,
      I have same query. I have passed my Masters from Millenium City Academy and degree awarded by ESG Paris. I would like to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.
      Kindly reply me if you got any solution.

Thank You.

7. Zsanett Palfi says:

Hi am Janette, i tried to do the application online but always refused me because of password. So please can you tell me the password requirements? Thanks in advance!

Dear Janette,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Passwords must be at least eight characters and contain upper case characters, lower case characters and numbers. If you require further assistance please contact us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an information officer and they will be happy to discuss this with you further.

Kind regards

8. Maria Zhelyazkova says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a MA in English Language and Literature from Sofia University, Bulgaria, and this degree gives me rights to teach English to learners of all educational levels in Bulgaria, including higher education. I would like to get a statement of comaparability in order to be able to look for jobs in the UK. However, while looking at your page for more details, I noticed (under “Teaching in the UK”) that “If you are an EEA-qualified teacher you should contact the National College for Teaching and Leadership”. Bulgaria is a member of EEA, so I did search the NCTL site thoroughly, but was unable to find any info about recognition of teaching qualifications or related topics. So my question is: Do I need a SOC from your agency AND something (what?) from them as well? Or is a SOC enough for future UK employers? If I need to obtain something from the NCTL, then who to contact? Also, I’ve contacted the Bulgarian equivalent of your agency and they have told me they can issue something which ‘explains’ my degree (in Bulgarian). Do you need something like this from them to prepare a SOC? As you understand, now I am confused 🙂 Please advise.

Kind regards, and thank you in advance

• UK NARIC says:

Hi Maria, thanks for the query. Sorry to hear you’re confused! Firstly, have you spoken with the NCTL? It might be wise to speak with them to get an idea of what steps you need to take / documentation you need to provide in the recognition process here in the UK. As far as UK NARIC is concerned, our remit is to provide comparability between an award gained overseas and a level within the UK national qualification framework. The purpose of this is to allow potential employers / admitting institutions in the UK to get a better idea of the comparable level of your education so that they can get a better understanding of what you have to offer. Having said that, we cannot comment on your suitability to teach (or anything else) in the UK- that is not part of our remit. At best we can confirm professional rights in the country of origin (so, for instance, if your award qualifies you to teach in Bulgaria, we can confirm that as well as the comparable level of your award in academic terms). If I were to offer advice, I’d suggest contacting the NCTL to see if they can confirm what you need to do. If a UK NARIC SoC is needed, I’d recommend sending in not only your degree but also your school awards (it would cost you no extra to do so) because you might be required to show evidence of Maths, Science and English at the GCSE level. English is the tricky one, because even though your level of English is clearly high, this subject would have been studied as a second language in Bulgaria. Again, I’d ask the NCTL about this and whether your MA satisfies this requirement. I hope this helps and doesn’t leave you with more questions than answers! Best regards, UK NARIC

• Maria Zhelyazkova says:

Thank you very much for your reply, it does clarify things to some extent. I think I’ll apply for a SoC and alongside with that will contat the NCTL for more info. Thanks again.

9. areti samartzidou says:

Hello
    I have a question. A person who studied Psysical Education at a Univeristy in Greece needs to translate the degree and relevant documents in the British Consulate before they come to the UK or they have to contact Naric first?

Hi Areti,

If submitting an application to UK NARIC, we would require a certified translation of the Greek documents. A certified translation does not have to be completed by the British Consulate but must be completed by a qualified translator. They would need to sign or stamp the translation and add a declaration to state that they have completed a true and accurate translation of the original document.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

10. Gbay says:

Hi, My name is Gabriel and I’m from Romania. I have finished 10 classes in my country: Primary and Secondary-8 years and the College-2 years (Science of nature ), and I come here to continue my studies. First year I learnt just English and Maths and next year I want do Science. I want to know which equivalent is my qualification from Romania. If I want to apply at a college I need to translate my qualification and to equate it?

Hi Gabriel,

If you would like to get confirmation of the academic level of your Romanian awards in the UK’s Education system, UK NARIC offer a “Statement of Comparability” that can assist you with this. Full details including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

This is not a compulsory document but is frequently used by organisations to help them make decisions regarding your overseas awards. The individual requirements including what documents you should provide can vary between organisations as such it is always recommend to contact the college you are applying for to confirm exactly what information they require from you. However, UK NARIC in addition to our “Statement of Comparability would normally advise showing the original award including transcripts and translations, so that they have as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

I hope this helps.

11. Matteo Tortorella says:

Hello,
    My name is Matteo and I come from Italy. I studied Sport Science and I have a Bechelor’s Degree and a MSc. I’d like comparing my title with the UK system in order to find a job or applying for a course (MPhil or PhD) eseaier. Anyway I’m not sure if applying for the “statement of comparability” or the “carrer path report”. Any tips about that?

Dear Matteo,

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It is used by universities, colleges, employers and Government departments and agencies forming part of their decision-making process. A Statement of Comparability can be used to help support applications made under Tiers 1 and 2 of the Points Based System for immigration to the UK; particularly the Graduate Entrepreneur route within Tier 1.

The UK NARIC Career Path Report not only provides you with an in-depth description of your award and advice on the comparative UK level, but it also provides recommendations for future study and/or professional development in the UK. Please note that the in-depth description and advice will relate to one qualification only. Additional qualifications will be listed in the report and a comparability statement will be provided if applicable. If you are submitting more than one qualification, please indicate in your covering letter which qualification you require the report for.

I hope this helps clarify what each service is and helps you decide which is the most relevant one for you.

12. Saturnino Afonso das Neves says:

I need help. because I have the certificate in Portuguese and want to translate into English, and I do not know what to do.

Hi Saturnino,

Thanks for your enquiry, whilst UK NARIC won’t translate your document in the literal sense, we can offer a Statement of Comparability which will help you and organisation understand the level of your award Portuguese award in terms of the the UK’s education system.

If you are interested in this service, you will find details on how to apply here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO. If you are looking for translation services specifically, (even with a statement of comparability it can be useful to have this type of document as well) we would suggest looking for certified translators online or in your area or if you are struggling, it may well be something you can obtain assistance with through the Portuguese embassy.

Kind regards

13. Fathima says:

I have done masters in computer application and degree in mathematics from India.I have done a all my studies from India.I would like to work as secondary class teacher for mathematics in London .what all certificates should I convert?I need to know english and maths equivalent in gcse levels and maths equivalent in degree level.kindly tell me the procedure for this.

Hi Fathima,

Thank you for getting in touch more information on becoming a teacher can be located here: http://bit.ly/13euJva

UK NARIC recommends to have all your qualifications compared for this purpose, from your Year 10 upwards, this is all done as part of the same at no extra cost, whether you compare one award or many as long as they are completed as part of the same application. Further details on the statement of comparability including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

Kind regards

14. Makszim says:

Hello. I have done bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering in Ukraine. Then I made the equivalence in Portugal (Lisbon) through NARIC in 2011. Do I need to use your service again, but in the UK?

Hi Makszim,

Thanks for getting in touch. It very much depends on the organisation you are applying for as the Statement of Comparison in not a compulsory document, except where specifically requested by an organisation. However for organisations that in the UK that may not have an in depth knowledge of either the Portuguese or Ukrainian Education it may be useful to obtain the UK NARIC Statement of Comparability to help clarify it’s position in the UK’s education system. Details on how to apply for this service can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

15. Deborah says:

L am a nigeria dt came into uk with my five years visiting visa for a vacation.Having taught for many years w my degree in education.l want to know d process of applying as a teacher in uk.

Hi Deborah,

Teaching in the UK is a regulated profession overseen in the UK by the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) who you will need to contact for clarification on the full steps to take to work as a teacher in the UK but the Statement of Comparability, UK NARIC offer may well assist you in clarifying your qualifications to them (http://bit.ly/XrMrXO). For more information on the becoming a teacher in the UK and the NCTL’s contact details can be found here:

Best of luck with your enquiries

16. arbaaz khan says:

Sir/ madam,
    I’m an Indian and I have a qualification of “Diploma in Mechanical engineering”. I want to ask tha, is a diploma is sufficient for applying for certification of UK Marci.
    Kindly consider and reply,

Thank you.

Hi Arbaaz,

Thanks for your comment, we can’t discuss individual awards on-line, however if you contact our information services team over the phone on +44 871 330 7033 they are normally in a position to provide an informal comparison and discuss this with you further. For details on how to apply for a written statement can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

Kind regards

17. Esther De Souza says:

I’m a Portuguese passport holder from Goa, India. I am presently appearing for Higher Secondary School Examination in Science Stream, i would like to take up my further education in the U.K. in a professional medical university. Need to know the procedure and chances of getting admission for the same.

Hi Esther,

We can help to have your overseas qualifications compared to the UK’s education system but for advice on entering the medical profession, you would be better contacting the regulating body which overseas this profession. They should be placed to provide you with advice on their requirements.

General Medical Council: 0161 923 6602 / http://www.gmc-uk.org

I hope this helps

18. Pamela Gonzalez says:

Hi, I want to apply for the service of Statement of Comparability, my certificate and final transcript are in Spanish, I’m from Argentina, and I have a certified translation of both documents, Do I need also add an Apostille certificate in my certificate and final transcript?

Hi Pamela,

If you do not wish to spend time obtaining a translation of the documents when applying for the “Statement of Comparability” if you opt for the “Translation Waiver Schem”e at the same time UK NARIC can handle your documents only in Spanish to provide you with this service.

Please note this would not include an official translation but enables us to ensure your documents are handled by a linguist who can handle these in the original language.

If you do need translations or think these would be useful when presenting your documents to organisations you would be advised to obtain these first and apply for the “Statement of Comparability”

Best wishes

19. Gina Halls says:

Hello, my niece will graduate in Social Work this month. She would like to pursue her social work career in UK. She is graduating from the Philippines. Are you able to advice the best way forward for her? Thank you.

Hi Gina,

Congratulations to your niece, UK NARIC can help by providing a comparison of her Philippine to the UK’s educational framework, which can help UK organisations make more informed decisions when considering her awards. Social work is a regulated profession in the UK so she may wish to contact the Health and Care Professions council for for further advice on entering this profession

Website: http://www.hcpc-uk.org
      Phone: 0845 300 4472

I hope this helps

20. margaret nakinya says:

My son wants to study medicine and has applied universities in russia. He is a british citizen, after qualifying does he stand a chance to come and work in uk? or he has to sit for further examinations/assessments?

Hi Margaret,

We are certainly able to provide comparison information for qualifications studied in Russia. However as medicine is a regulated profession and Russia is outside the EU it would be worth contacting the General Medical Council for further advice on the steps your son would have to take. They can be contacted on 0845 357 8001 and their website is http://www.gmc-uk.org.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

21. angila says:

Hi, i am currently living in UK but i donot have GCSE certificate to apply in colleges but i have done my schooling from NEPAL.So i have school leaving certificate of Nepal. i want to know weather school leaving certificate is equivalent to GCSE or not and also convert my marks. Can you help please.

Hi Angila,

We are unable to comment on individual awards online but we are able to recognise qualifications from Nepal. You can obtain a informal verbal comparison over the phone by calling +448713307033. Mon-Fri, 9-5.

22. Tomasz says:

Hello,

I need a document will be recognized by UK’s and Australians goverment institutions and universities/employers. What’s better ‘statement of comparability’ or ‘career path report’? What’s exactly difference between them and what’s more useful in life?

Regards,
    Tomasz

Hi Tomasz,

there isn’t a universal document that would be accepted in the UK and Australia, as both have separate education frameworks if seeking to have qualifications recognised in Australia you should contact: http://www.aei.gov.au/Services-And-Resources/Pages/AEINOOSR.aspx for further assistance.

In the UK we offer a statement of comparability which provides you with comparison information and is the document most frequently requested to help understand an overseas award. The career path report includes additional contextual information about the original qualification and outlines the requirements for entry into a specific profession.

23. Rozalia says:

Hello,

I am writing a letter because I need some information and some help from your organization.
    I would like to continue my life and carrier in the UK and I need your help with the registration at the NMC, as well as with the recognition of my certificates in the UK.
    I have been working as a qualified nurse for 20 years in Serbia, I have Hungarian citizenship but I gained my qualifications outside the EU region, in Serbia.
    I would be grateful if you could give me information about the procedure, what steps I should take so that my qualification is recognized in the UK and I could work as a registered nurse in the UK.
    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Rozalia,

UK NARIC can assist you in having your qualifications better understood in the UK and details including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

However as this is a regulated profession the decision as to whether you could practice in the UK will be determined by the NMC . More information maybe available through their website http://www.nmc-uk.org or contact them on +44 207 637 7181 for further guidance on entering this profession in the UK.

I hope this helps

24. IONELA says:

Hi my name is Ionela and I’ve got the papers from you where its says that I have Gcses from my country Romania (A*-C). I do need to apply for university through UCAS and I need to know my grade for each subject no an overall because I am not going to put all my GCSES.

Hi Ionela,

Our statement are used by many Universities to provide an equivalence of the overall level of the award in the UK’s education system. While this does not include an individual breakdown of the Grades in the UK’s education system, Universities are able to use this information alongside your original awards to help them make an informed decision.

I hope this helps

25. Kelly says:

hI im Kelly and i came from Italy I’m 16 ..in Italy we take no GCSEs and I’m going to study AS level this year . is it compulsory to have GCSEs before you enter a sixth form college ? what do I do?

Hi Kelly,

As their isn’t an Italian exit qualification at age 16, It would be recommended to contact the 6th form directly to discuss the situation, as a GCSE or equivalent qualification would normally be expected. They may be able to take into account an academic report or reference but they should be able to discuss the possibilities with you.

26. Pukar says:

Hello I’m from Nepal and I have UKNARIC verified bachelor’s degree and also have Ielts.
    Do I need any another degree from UK for switching to T2 without completing course of study.

27. Ryebee says:

Hello,
    I finished Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy in the Philippines in 2001. The curriculum included English modules. I am applying to study Nursing here in the UK at Open University where GCSE equivalents are needed. I wonder if there would be a benefit towards my goal if I applied for a certificate of comparability to prove I have English equivalent.

Hi Ryebee,

You may wish to contact the open university before paying for our service to clarify what requirements will be expected fo you, if you have studied overseas.

28. Maria Manalo says:

Hi! I’m Maria ,would like to enquire what address do I send my certificates for Assessment to consider comparable to Diploma of NVQ? I’m a registered Nurse from my Country Philippines and I want to continue practising my profession here in the Uk so I want to enroll in any school of Nursing.pls. Reply

29. faraz says:

Hi,

I would like to ask you about the comparison / equivalency certificate for Higher Secondary School Certificate in Commerce from Pakistan to UK education system?

Does it stand with the UK’s GCSE or A Level? I need to apply for the comparison equivalency certificate but interested to know where this qualification stands with the UK education system?

Regards,
    Faraz

30. Daniel ferreira says:

Hi
    I will like to know before hand what will be my EU qualification comparation.
    It’s 9 year completed of study with a pass from Portugal.
    What GCSE s will be?

Hi Daniel,

We are not able to comment on individual awards online but if you call our information centre on +44871 3307033we are normally able to discuss the award details and provide an expected level of the award over the phone. You can then decide if you wish to apply for a written statement through our website.

31. RANA ALHALABI says:

Dear Sirs

I graduate from Damascus university in Spanish and French language, and I worked as a French teacher for more than 15 years, teaching secondary and high classes, and I have been in the UK. since one year, and I would like to work in here, so could you please inform me what shall I do to start working.

Your early reply to my e-mail will be more appreciated, and if possible to send my your phone number to enable me contacting you.

Best regards
    Rana

• UK NARIC says:

You may contact UK NARIC our information advisers on 0871330 7033 and UK NARIC can normally provide advice on the expected level of the award. For further information on teaching and applying for teaching positions in this country you will need to contact the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) is able to offer advice on becoming a Teacher, Initial Teacher Training, recruitment opportunities or provision of relevant training.

Their contact details are:
      Telephone 0800 389 2500
      Email: qts.enquiries@education.gsi.gov.uk
      Website: http://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/ta

32. Sherilyn says:

Hello my name Is Sherilyn and I am currently living in UK right now. I am a college instructor in the Philippines for almost three years already, but we do not have GCSE or any equivalent in the country, I am a Business Administration graduate and have 27 units of post-education or Masters. And I was wondering how does UK NARIC can help me for the right conversion of my credentials from the Philippines in here.

Hi Sherilyn,

Thank you for contacting UK NARIC. Please note we are unable to comment on specific qualifications via social media.

You can call us on +44 (0)871 330 7033 for advice over the telephone (Calls costs 11p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.), Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm).

Our Advisers can provide verbal comparisons without any cost; this will allow you to make an informed decision about whether to apply for a written Statement of Comparability.

We are able to provide a Statement of Comparability for completed qualifications that form a distinct level in the qualifications framework of the country of origin. You can apply and upload your documents directly through our website: http://www.naric.org.uk

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC

33. Hi, This is Santosh Mayekar from India. I am Diploma Mechanical Engineer. I have done Diploma (3 Years course from Board of Technical Examination Mumbai, Maharashtra state, India) after Secondary High School (12th Science) I am going to apply job for UK. I wanted to know, Can NARIC give me Statement of Comparability? or NARIC is Applicable only for Graduate studants

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are able to provide a Statement of Comparability for national qualifications that have a comparable level in the UK (i.e. GCSE or above). We are unable to comment on specific award via social meida. Full details of how to apply for a Statement of Comparability can be found here:

I hope this helps.

34. Monil Desai says:

Hello

I have completed my Masters in Social Work (MSW – 2 year full time course) from India. If i get a statement of comparability from NARIC, will it be valid for me to apply for a license sooner or later for HCPC (Health and care professional council). Will they consider this statement to be equivalent to that of their standard?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting UK NARIC.

A Statement of Comparability provides information regarding the level of your qualification in the UK’s qualifications framework. We are unable to comment on the requirements of other organisations, such as HCPC, or whether they are able to accept your award(s)/ our Statements. I would recommend contacting HCPC directly for advice. Their contact details can be found here:

I hope this is of assistance.

Kind regards,

35. Debora says:

Hello,
    I would like to know what is the portuguese equivalent of GCSE… Is that year 9 in Portugal? or is that year 11 in Portugal?
    Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. We are unable to comment on specific qualifications or comparisons via social media. You can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they can advise further over the telephone.

Alternatively, you can make an application and upload all your school awards and a Portuguese specialist can review these and send an update via our secure messaging portal that forms part of the application process.

36. seif el din soliman says:

Dear NARIC Team
    Hello
    Please I want to make sure that I have well understood.
    I hold a bachelor degree from Cairo university Egypt.
    It is issued both in an Arabic and an English copies.
    Can I send the English copy and ask for Career Path Report rather than sending the Arabic copy and asking for a statement of comparability , in order to save waiver translation money?
    And one more question please; for the English copy I have two forms ; a detailed one showing all the modules I have studied allover the 5 years together with the grades and the other form is only a simplified one showing only my name , grade and year of graduation, so which one of them would be preferable?
    Best regards
    Seif

Hi Seif,

Thank you for your enquiry. In order to provide a Career Path Report, we require a copy of the original Arabic language documents, including your decorative final diploma/ certificate. We do also require certified English translations of all documents, or alternatively you can submit the official English language documents as issued by your institution. Along with the decorative final certificate, we require a copy of your full transcripts/ mark sheets – these would be the documents you have mentioned that detail all the modules studied and the grades obtained.

Further details about the documents required can be found on our website here.

I hope this helps.

37. Jiwan Rai says:

Hello its jiwan
    I have nepali 10+2 certificate and i want to apply in SOC so how can i get more information about it.
    It would be my pleasure to know from urs…. thank u

Hi,

Thank you for your comment; please note we are unable to comment on specific qualifications via social media. You can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser.

Full details about the Statement of Comparability service can be found on our website here.

38. Carolina Cuesta says:

Hello this is Carolina

Currently, I am living in the UK and I would like to apply as a support teacher in the UK. One of the requirements is the results of the GCSE in Maths, English, and Biology.

I am from Colombia and in my country, when we finish school, we have to take a test called ICFES which could be like the GCSE in the UK.

I would like to know what documents I have to upload in the NARIC website to get the comparability of this test in Math, English, and Biology.

Do I need to upload the ICFES, the document which explains how to read the ICFES results and the final transcript from the school?

I will appreciate your help.

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. We are unable to comment on specific qualifications or comparisons via social media. A Statement of Comparability can confirm the level of your qualification(s) in the UK, such as GCSE or A Level. We do not comment on a subject by subject basis and recommend you present copies of your transcripts alongside the Statement of Comparability to admitting institutions to demonstrate the subjects studied.

Further details regarding the Statement of Comparability, including an example of the details included, can be found on our website here.

I hope this helps.

39. Gaurav says:

Hello. I have applied for the UK NARIC certification for the degree compatibility and English proficiency. I got the mail that one of the documents needs to have in-depth research and that takes longer time. Since I have submitted the application on 1st September 2016 and curious to know how long does it take to come on decision? NARIC says maximum 4 months but my start date is October 1st week. What should I expect? Is there anything that can be done?

Gaurav

40. Deepti Gautam says:

Hi my name is deepti and I have done bachelor’s in science, bachelor of education, masters of science in chemistry and I am PhD in chemistry from India. I want to apply for the teaching position so my qualifications are not enough to apply for the position of science teacher in UK.

If anyone please help.

Thanks
    Regards
    Dr.Deepti

Dear Dr. Deepti,

UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK’s national qualifications frameworks.

If you would like to use our services you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Officer and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Detailed information on our services and the various steps to take can also be found here: http://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individuals/Compare Qualifications/ and http://www.naric.org.uk/NARIC/individuals/

Their contact details are:
      Telephone 0800 389 2500
      Email: qts.enquiries@education.gsi.gov.uk
      Website: http://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/ta

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

41. Komal sajid says:

Hi I have a masters in business administration and a degree in business commerce from Pakistan mirror. Would it be okay to transfer

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, we can provide a Statement of Comparability for your awards which will provide information regarding the level of your qualifications in the UK’s education system. Further details about this service, including how to apply, can be found on our website here.

42. Nusrat says:

Dear, sir /Madam
    I am Nusrat, I am residing in London .I would like to apply as primary teacher in England schools.i have done my M.ed ( Master of Education)from Pakistan .how I can apply through this opportunity, do I qualified QTS, for four years period again or how I shall be able to apply for equivalency .
    Please give your prompt response and acknowledgement guide for sorting me this matter.
    I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible
    Truly ,
    Nusrat

• UK NARIC says:

Thank you for your comments.

Their contact details are:
      Telephone 0800 389 2500
      Email: qts.enquiries@education.gsi.gov.uk
      Website: http://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/ta

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

43. Moses MO Okwu says:

Would really like to study in the UK, I have 4 credit including English language in neco exam in Nigeria.

Hi Moses,

Thank you for the comment.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment on qualifications or institutions on our social media accounts.

If you would like to use our services you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Detailed information on our services and the various steps to take can also be found here: http://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individuals/Compare Qualifications/
      and http://www.naric.org.uk/NARIC/individuals/

The Service you may require is our Statement of Comparability. A Statement of Comparability will provide a comparability of your overseas qualifications to the level in which they sit on the UK Framework. You can present this Statement of Comparability to Organisations and Institutions for further Work or Study. It is down to the individual discretion of the Organisations/Institutions you present the Statement to, to decide if the Statement is sufficient and you meet their own requirements.

Kind regards,

44. CHANDINI says:

HOw to apply for spouse visa

45. Chloe says:

Hi, I have completed my Master’s in Social Work as well as a Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling in India. I would want to work in the UK with the qualifications and work experience I poses from India. Would I be able to get a job here with an Indian Degree in hand or do I need to obtain a UK degree. Please advise.

Dear Chloe,

Thank you for your comment.

The role of UK NARIC is to assess and compare national levels of overseas qualifications, in order to determine their standing in the UK education system. As you may appreciate, no education system is the same and different countries attach different value to certain aspects of education. We are unable to comment on your working or professional rights here in the UK. The governing body that governs this section will only be able to comment on your eligibility to work. The Health and Care Professionals Council should be able to assist further – http://www.hpc-uk.org/check/

I hope this is of assistance to you.

46. Mary Rose N Reyes says:

I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering here in Philippines and I would like to work in UK. what is my equivalent education level in UK?