UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April

Arrivals

In early March 2016, the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) section of the Home Office announced that the online Points Based System (PBS) Calculator was being turned off on 5 April 2016.

The online calculator enabled immigration applicants to self-assess their qualifications and English language level, and print out the calculator results, in advance of submitting their application to UKVI.

From 6 April onwards, those wishing to use qualifications to satisfy the immigration attribute requirements and/or English language proficiency requirements will no longer be able to use print-outs from the PBS calculator to support their applications. They will need to apply to UK NARIC VisasAndNationality (www.naric.org.uk/VisasAndNationality).

UK NARIC VisasAndNationality is the new designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided on behalf of the Home Office.

A new online application system has been specifically developed and will provide official UK NARIC VisasAndNationality statements, custom-designed for immigration purposes. These statements confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route. The new security-enhanced statements present clearly all the key information required by Home Office UKVI immigration case workers.

How will the new service work?

The new VisasAndNationality web application process asks you all the relevant questions and keeps you on the right route to help ensure you get the correct paperwork to support your immigration application. Online messaging allows you to contact the dedicated VisasAndNationality help team at any stage in your application.

Which immigration routes will the new service support?

The VisasAndNationality service supports applications made through the following PBS routes:

• Tier 1 Entrepreneur
  • Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
  • Tier 2 General
  • Tier 2 Ministry of Religion
  • Tier 2 Sportsperson
  • Representative of an Overseas Business visa

The service also supports family, settlement and citizenship/nationality applications.

Other visa routes do not require UK NARIC VisasAndNationality documentation as supporting evidence.  Please visit the UK Visa & Immigration website to check the particular requirements for each of the immigration routes.

If you have questions about the Immigration Rules or about your particular circumstances in relation to them, you should contact UKVI direct.

How quick will the service be?

The VisasAndNationality service offers a faster 10 day turnround time – quicker than current UK NARIC statement services which work to 15 day timeframes.

A range of delivery options are available, including next working day and, for international deliveries, fast and secure courier by DHL (delivery is charged extra, according to the option you choose).

How much will it cost?

To streamline the service and to make it as simple and efficient as possible, we offer a simple one price structure – you pay one price for your application and for your use of the service – the price is the same regardless of the number and type of statements produced. You pay per service use, not per statement.

You can submit multiple qualifications at the time of application. Again, you pay per application, not per qualification.

The price for an individual application is £125 + VAT.

For immigration advisers, solicitors and other organisations looking to process multiple applications, we offer a corporate bundle service.

How do I apply and what do I need to send?

You need to register and complete your application online.

You can also apply by post. We will need paper photocopies (not originals) of all your documents (detailed below) and a letter giving your contact details and the purpose of your enquiry.

If you apply online, you can upload scanned files. If you apply by post, send photocopies. Do NOT send original certificates or documents.

We need the following from you:

• A photocopy or scanned version of your certificate(s) together with final transcript(s) in the original language
  • A photocopy or scanned version of a certified translation in English
  • Evidence of the medium of instruction of your degree (in the form of an official letter from the university or institution) OR a photocopy or scanned version of your English test certificate(s).

Where can I get more information?

UK NARIC is not able to help with questions about migration to the UK; please contact UK Visas & Immigration (part of the Home Office) to find out more about the UK’s immigration system; you can contact UKVI direct.

For more information about UK NARIC’s VisasAndNationality service please visit the website www.naric.org.uk/VisasAndNationality or email visas@naric.org.uk

32 Comments on “UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April”

1. hassan fawaz says:

Hi,

I woulk like to know if:

*Is there always fast track with the new system VisasAndNationality from UK Naric ?
    *Can I apply today for english and qualifications assessments? and even if got the attestations tomorrow (after 6 april 2016), can I always use them for my Visa application that was based on PBS system (before 5 april)?
    *With the new system VisasAndNationality from UK Naric, do I have to translate all my certificates into english, or it is included automatically in the fast track (if will be exist always).

Many thanks for your reply,

• UK NARIC says:

Hi Hassan
      Unfortunately there is no Fast Track service available for our new Visas And Nationality service, the turnaround time is ten working days. These statements confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route. The new security-enhanced statements present clearly all the key information regarding your qualification(s)(about your qualifications, country of study etc) required by UKVI immigration case workers. We would require certified translations of your documentation for this service.
      I hope this information is useful.

2. Dr. Ali Hassan says:

I am doctor applying for Tier 2 General Visa and I have certificate of sponsorship from a NHS hospital and IELTS for UKVI with a high score (band 8)
    Do I still have to use this service? And shall I also submit my secure IELTS for UKVI results?

• UK NARIC says:

Hi,

We are unable to advise on specific visa requirements or whether you require our service(s) for your personal application. I recommend you contact the Home Office/ UKVI directly for advice. For information about the different UK Immigration Tiers and Routes, and the requirements, please visit http://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration.

I hope this helps.

• SUSANMAZER says:

Hello, I’m in the same situation right now, I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa and I have a certificate of sponsorship and IELTS for UKVI with band 7.5.

Did you use that UK NARIC service? As far as I can understand there’s no need to do it in this situation.

• afsheen latif says:

hello sir i also want to apply for NHS pharmacist job but dont know what to do can you plz guid me

• UK NARIC says:

Dear Afsheen,

Thank you for your comment.

The role of UK NARIC is to assess and compare national levels of overseas qualifications, in order to determine their standing in the UK education system. A UK NARIC Statement of Comparability can be used to support applications to Higher Education Institutes, potential employers and other professional bodies. Please note that the Statement of Comparability provided by UK NARIC should be treated only as guidance and presented alongside your qualifications directly to potential employers or admitting institutions as each have their own entry requirements and admission is strictly at their discretion.

If you would like to use our services you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Detailed information on our services and the various steps to take can also be found here:

I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC

3. […] that since this article has been published immigration guidance has changed. Please see our post UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April which contains more up-to-date […]

4. Sivakumar says:

Hi
    Your website says “You pay per service use, not per statement.”. Can i upload my degree certificates and corresponding other requested documents along with my dependents ( Spouse ) documents and pay one time ( £125 + VAT ) for one service ??

• UK NARIC says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message.

Although you can upload multiple qualifications under one statement, it is one application per person. Your spouse will need to create a separate online application for the service that they require.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC

5. N. Ranganathan says:

Sir/madam

I have an ILR and in the process of applying for British Citizenship.

For using the UK Naric ‘Visa & Nationality service’-
    a) I can submit the photocopy of my Degree certificate [from an Indian University] which is written in English + photocopy of my mark sheets related to my degree,

b) But I do not have the “Evidence of the medium of instruction of your degree (in the form of an official letter from the university or institution) OR a photocopy or scanned version of your English test certificate(s)”. Is this mandatory document for using the ‘Visa & Nationality service’.

• UK NARIC says:

Thank you for your comment.

The documents required for the Visa and Nationality service are dependent on your particular situation; our intelligent application system will confirm which documents are required based on the information provided. In general terms, if you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of English via your qualification by UKVI, we would need to see evidence of the medium of instruction in the form of a letter from the central registry/ office of your institution.

6. Luckie Dzamikumah says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank for the good work are doing for us.
    Please I am a Ghanaian graduate. All our courses done here in Ghana are pursued in english languge, therefore Certificates are of course an english certificate. Do I still have to include the following items in my Visas and Nationality application?
    – A photocopy or scanned version of a certified translation in English.
    – Evidence of the medium of instruction of your degree (in the form of an official letter from the university or institution) OR a photocopy or scanned version of your English test certificate(s).

• UK NARIC says:

Thank you for your comment.

If your documents are issued in English, as we would expect from Ghana, there is no need to provide a translation as there is no information to be translated. As Ghana is not considered a solely English speaking country by the UK Home Office, however, and we would therefore require evidence of the medium of instruction in the form of a letter from your institution. An example of such a letter can be found here.

If you have completed an IELTS for visa purposes or a similar Home Office approved language test, this can be submitted for consideration instead of your degree/ medium of instruction letter; you do not need to provide both.

7. Luckie Dzamikumah says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Please kindly explain the follow for me well.
    1. What is meant by certified translation in English?
    2. English test certificate(s) If my Certificate is already an English Certificate.

Thank you.

8. Luckie Dzamikumah says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank for the good work are doing for us.
    – A photocopy or scanned version of a certified translation in English.

9. Luckietex says:

Please I need your Help

I hold a Ghanaian Certificate in Commercial Arts (Textiles Option) and a Malaysian Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health Risk Management. I currently applied for jobs to some Textiles Industries in the UK online and one of the employers replied to my application, that because I am not in the UK and because I don’t have Right to Work document they cannot offer me the job.

Please, advise me on the necessary documents that I need to acquired in order to be able to get to UK for my future job.

I read a lot from UK Visa & Immigration website but can’t figure out the exact Visa I deserve.

Please, Which of the following Tiers of Visa do I deserve? Is it;

Tier 1 (graduate entrepreneur) Visa
    Tier 5 (Temporary worker-International Agreement) Visa
    Tier 5 (Temporary worker-Government Authorized Exchange) Visa or which one?

Please, I need your advise. Is urgent.

Thank you.

• UK NARIC says:

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are not able to comment or advise on which visa you may be eligible for or which documents you may need to provide. Further information about the different tiers and routes can be found on the Home Office’s website here.

I recommend contacting the Home Office/ UKVI or a qualified Immigration Adviser for further information and assistance.

10. Tarun Luthra says:

Hi Sir/Ma’am,

I have requested for English Language Assessment under Red Route and submitted all documents – Degree, Transcript, and MOI Letter. Just wondering, if there is a way I can fast track the application after submitting the documents. The status as of now is “In Progress”.

Thanks!

11. Imran says:

I am a MBA from an Indian University. I am applying for ILR. Do you assess the qualification and medium of education for MBA from Indian university?

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, thank you for your comment.

We are able to comment on qualifications from recognised universities in India. If they have been taught solely in English, we are able to assess the level of English to which they have been taught. For more information on our Visas and Nationality service, please visit the following page:

For any specific updates on immigration rules, please contact the Home Office for more details.

I hope this is of assistance.

• Imran says:

Thanks for the reply. My MBA is from University of Pune. Will you be able to assess the medium of education?

• Tarun Luthra says:

Hey Imran, I am not sure if this information of any help to you – This forum can’t assure you about it as of now. You have to submit your Degree , Marksheets (Transcripts) and a Medium of Instruction Letter, which clearly mentions that your MBA is taught solely in English. Once you have submitted these documents, UK NARIC will assess them and issue you assessment letter. Thanks!

12. Sarah.A says:

Hi

I have degrees from UK universities, do i still need to apply for an Academic Qualification Level statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC for my UK British Passport Naturalisation Application?

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, the role of UK NARIC is to comment on overseas qualifications only; we do not comment on UK qualifications and these should be presented directly to the Home Office for their consideration.

I hope this helps.

13. Vishnu Nair says:

Hello! I have a Bachelors from India and a Masters degree from Netherlands. Is it okay if I upload the documents for only my Masters degree for an assessment? Will NARIC provide an assessment of my Masters degree or is it necessary to include the details and documents for my Bachelors as well? I will be applying for a Tier 2 (General) visa..

• UK NARIC says:

Hi Vishnu,

It is the same fee to include as many qualifications as you wish to submit for assessment. However, if you wish to include your Masters only then you can do. Please be aware that if you have not been issued with transcripts for your Masters then you may be requested to submit a transcript for your preceding award, for example your Bachelors degree.

If applying for the Visas and Nationality Service then the awards submitted will need to meet the following requirements: hold a degree of UK equivalent Bachelors, Masters or Phd level from an overseas institution that was solely taught in the medium of English.

Please visit our website for more details on this service: https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/Default.aspx

Hope this information helps.

UK NARIC

14. Mayank Bhasin says:

Hello UK NARIC, I had uploaded the documents around 10 days ago and still do not have the final result , the status says : Research , what are the next steps and estimated timeline?

• UK NARIC says:

Dear Mayank,

Thank you for your comment.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment on your application on our social media accounts. You may wish to contact us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Alternatively, you also have the option of sending us a message via the secure messaging facility within the online application.

Please note that qualifications that go into the research process may have not been assessed by UK NARIC before. Where additional research is required, we are unable to provide any estimate of timeframes because we are reliant on being provided with information by third parties.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC

15. […] that since this article was published, immigration guidance has changed. See our post UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April for more up-to-date information. Also, as of 6 April 2017, UK NARIC statements can be used to […]

16. […] that since this article has been published immigration guidance has changed. Please see our post UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April which contains more up-to-date information. Also, as of 6 April 2017, UK NARIC statements can be […]

17. […] that since this article was published, immigration guidance has changed. Please see our post UK NARIC’s Visas and Nationality Service launches on 6 April which contains more up-to-date information. Also, as of 6 April 2017, UK NARIC statements can be […]