UK NARIC and English language for immigration purposes

English LanguageUnder the immigration rules, there are five ways to prove that you meet the English language proficiency requirements:

• being a citizen of a majority English language speaking country
  • having passed a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at the appropriate level
  • having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree or PhD
  • having met the requirement in a previous grant of leave
  • or special arrangements during a transition period.

In order to satisfy the third of these requirements there are two aspects that UK NARIC has to look at:

• is the qualification at least Bachelor level?
  • was it taught in English?

For immigration purposes the first part is relatively easy for UK NARIC to determine; all you need to send are copies of your degree certificate, transcript and diploma supplement (and translations of these documents, if they are not in English). This will enable us to do a comparison of your qualification.

The second aspect is slightly more complex. If the qualification was studied in a majority English language speaking country, then all that is required is confirmation of the level of the qualification. A normal UK NARIC qualification comparison, based on the documents above, will be fine.

If the qualification was studied elsewhere then a Medium of Instruction letter from the awarding institution needs to be sent. This confirms that the qualification was taught (or researched) in English.

What do I need to send?

When you apply to UK NARIC through the Visas and Nationality application portal you will be told what documents you need to send to us so that we are able to assess and evaluate your qualification.

Here is a list of what you need to send:

• a photocopy or scanned version of your final certificate(s)
  • a photocopy or scanned version of your final transcript(s)
  • a photocopy or scanned version of a certified translation in English if necessary
  • payment for the service

If you are using our services to provide evidence of your English language proficiency, then we will ALSO need:

• evidence of the medium of instruction to confirm that the qualification was taught or researched in English. In other words, a Medium of Instruction letter (an MOI letter).

We have an example on our website (PDF) for your reference.

Do I always need to send a medium of instruction letter?

The approach we have taken with our new UK NARIC Visas and Nationality service is to have an intelligent immigration-specific application portal which takes into account your circumstances and your immigration application route and then makes clear the documents you need to send us, to enable us to then issue qualification statements or English language statements as appropriate.

If the Medium of Instruction is a relevant issue, then we always ask for an MoI letter.

This ensures consistency within the process, and helps ensure its integrity, and treats all applicants in the same manner, thus it is fair.

If the logic behind the application portal detects that MoI is not relevant to an application, then it is not asked for. The application portal lists the documents that you need to upload, during the application process. MoI will be listed if it is required. MoI is not listed if it is not required.

So the position on MoI should be clear, when you apply.

If you want to check the official immigration rules, then the Home Office website is the place to go.

83 Comments on “UK NARIC and English language for immigration purposes”

1. Mansi Bheda says:

If the final certificates are originally in English, is the MoI letter still required?

Hi,

An MoI letter is a Medium of Instruction letter. This is required if you are requesting an English Language Assessment, used to demonstrate the level of English to which an overseas degree that was taught in English was taught.

For a Statement of Comparability, we require certified English translations of documents where these have not been issued originally in English. If you’re documents are already issued in English, we require scanned copies of these only.

I hope this helps,

2. Grazy says:

Hello,
    I’m not sure if I understood it correctly. I have a UK Bachelor’s degree. Do I still need to send you a copy of my certificate?

Hi,

The role of UK NARIC is to comment on overseas qualifications only. Qualifications from the UK should be presented directly to the Home Office/ UKVI for their consideration.

3. Eddy says:

For immigration purposes as spouse – I was taught my masters & bachelors in computers from India in English medium. Will it be sufficient if I submit my final transcripts along with medium of instruction certificate from both the universities ?
    Also will I be needed to take up the English Language Test instead of just applying for statement of comparability ?
    I’ve tried to research alot on this topic however haven’t found any information substantial on this topic. Please help.

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

For advice on whether you require UK NARIC’s services or to take a Secure English Language Test for your visa purposes, you would need to contact the Home office/ UK Visas and Immigration or a professional Immigration Adviser; we are unable to comment on visa requirements. UKVI’s contact details can be found here:

Should you need UK NARIC’s services, full details of the services offered and the documents required can be found on our website here:

4. AM says:

Hi,
    I intend to apply for spouse entry clearance visa (first visa to settle in the UK) for which I need to prove the English language requirements and that I am qualified to a minimum bachelors degree.
    I have a 2 years BA (private) from Pakistan, in English medium. Not sure if the 2 years BA is considered as bachelors (BA) in the UK or its 3 years in the UK. Can you please suggest? I need to know if it’s worth taking the UK NARIC services, else I go and take IELTS UKVI.

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

We are unable to comment on qualifications or their comparable level via social media. You can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they can provide a verbal comparison and advice over the telephone. Alternatively, you can upload your documents via the online application system and a regional specialist can confirm if we are able to proceed.

5. Yash says:

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 2 Genral Visa and post registration on the website with my university name and country, I have been asked to submit, degree certificate, transcripts and MOI, my certificate and transcripts have ‘Medium: English’ mentioned. Do i still need to submit the MOI?

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We do require a separate letter that has been issued by your institution (usually the central registration unit) confirming that your specific course was taught and researched solely in English. An example of such a letter can be found on our website here.

• Rahul says:

Hi how much is the document processing time

Hi,

The processing time is dependent on the service requested. The majority of our services are completed within 10-15 working days, including the Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment services; fast track options are also available for these two services only. Our Visa and Nationality service has a processing time of 5-10 working days.

Further details can be found on our website here.

I hope this is of use.

6. Mahindra says:

Hi,

I have Masters and Ph. D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Mumbai. Do I still need MOI? Also, there are no transcripts for Ph. D. degrees. So, if I am submitting my Ph. D. degree certificate that should suffice for both the statement of comparability as well as MOI. Is my understanding correct? Please advise

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. In order for us to provide an English Language Assessment, or to comment on the level of English an award was taught to, we do require a medium of instruction letter issued by the awarding institution. An example of such a letter can be found here.

In regards to your PhD, we appreciate that these often do not have transcripts, particularly if they are a research based award, therefore the certificate will usually suffice. Please note that in order to comment on a PhD, we often require the full documentation for the preceding Bachelor and Master’s (where appropriate) in order to establish the most accurate comparison.

I hope this helps.

• Manmeet Hora says:

Hi UK NARIC,

I have the degree certificate of my MBA along with the Marksheets for all years/semesters. I also have a letter from the University specifying medium of instruction as english. Do I still need to get a transcript? It is a tedious process and might require me to go to India and wait a month. Please help.
        Regards,
        Manmeet

7. Venkat says:

I have completed B.Com Degree from University of Madras in 1992, now I have B.com Degree certificate and first and second year mark sheet, the final year mark sheet missing, but I need to submit UK NARIC Letter to UKBA office in Chennai in 10 days, they are waiting for it. what help can do now, otherwise they will reject my Visa. Can it possible to issue letter with Final transcript of my B.com Degree certificate which ii have. Please help me. urgent.

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. The usual requirements for a Statement of Comparability are a copy of the final degree certificate along with a copy of the full academic transcripts/ mark sheets. Where the full documentation is not available, we do endeavour to proceed where possible, however this cannot be guaranteed. I would recommend submitting the documents you do have via the online application system and a specialist can review these to see if there is sufficient information/ documentation to provide the service.

Please note, the timeframe for completion of a standard Statement of Comparability is 10-15 working days from receipt of the completed application. We do offer fast track options for a quicker completion time.

Full details of these, and how to apply for the Statement of Comparability, can be found on our website here.

I hope this helps.

• swati singh says:

Did you submit your naric English language certificate after biometrics?

8. winson lee says:

Hello

I receive an email from NARIC reminding the letter should confirm the course is taught “solely” in English. However, the sample letter just shows “the medium of instruction of the course is English” and the letter I colllect from my institute is showing these.

May I know if the words “solely in English” should appear in the letter?

Regards
    Winson

9. Biola says:

Hi,
    I just got my statement of comparability from NARIC and my nursing degree is equivalent to UK degree.Can I use this as evidence of English Language proficiency as am from Nigeria and my course of study was in English.Also,I had a transcript from University of Brighton where I undertook my overseas nurses programme and I have been registered with NMC-UK.Can I use these documents as evidence that I studied in majority English Language country ?.

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, we are unable to advise on how you can demonstrate your knowledge of English for visa and nationality purposes. I would recommend contacting the Home Office/ UK Visas and Immigration for further information, or a qualified Immigration Adviser. We do offer an English Language Assessment, which is a separate service that can comment on the level of English to which your Nigerian degree was taught, however I would recommend checking with the Home Office/ UKVI to see if this is required alongside your Statement of Comparability.

• Naiju Jacob says:

Haii ..good afternoon ..I want NARIC euvalent certificate of diploma in civil engineering from india…can u advise..where I want to apply.?..how much time take take..?

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, thank you for your comment. A Statement of Comparability can confirm the level of your overseas qualification to the UK’s qualifications frameworks. Full details of the service can be found on our website here.

The fee for the service is £46.00 + VAT (£55.20) plus your chosen delivery option. The estimated timescale for completion is 10-15 working days.

10. Dee says:

Afternoon. I have a BA (hons) degree in English and Communication and l am also a holder of a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Intermediate and Senior phase). I would like to inquire if a medium of instruction letter from my university is required for my qualifications to be assessed for teaching.

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, a medium of instruction letter is only required if you need us to comment on the level of English to which your qualification(s) were taught. This is usually for visa purposes only, however I would recommend checking with training providers/ potential employers for advice. For further information on teaching in England, please contact the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL); their details can be found here.

11. Ayesha Iqbal says:

Hi,
    Is CFA designation from CFA Institute enough to prove English sufficiency for UK naturalisation?
    Thanks
    Ayesha

Hi,

We are unable to advise on different methods of proving your knowledge of English for visa purposes and recommend you contact the Home Office, UKVI or a qualified Immigration Adviser for further information.

Our English Language Assessments/ Visa and Nationality services are for academic awards only; we are not able to comment on the level of English associated with a professional qualification.

Further information about the visa tiers and routes, including the documents required, can be found on the Home Office’s website here.

12. Tarun Luthra says:

Hi,
    I have a consolidated mark-sheet of my Master’s degree, and on its back side the guidelines says – “Medium of instruction, evaluation and examination English”.

Please suggest do i still need MOI letter from university.

Thanks!

• UK NARIC says:

Hi, thank you for your comment.
      We do still require a separate medium of instruction letter that has been issued to you personally to confirm that the course you studied when you studied was taught solely in English.

• Tarun Luthra says:

The mark sheet/transcript is very much personal to me. It has my all semester credits and final cgpa mentioned. I am not pointing anything wrong but just raising my concern. University has already taken care of it by mentioning it on the back side of transcript. Please suggest!

13. Mike says:

Hello I am applying for British citizenship and I hold an Italian degree in English language. (2003)

Do I need to get the UK Naric comparability test? The English modules were all taught in English (literature, linguistics and language).
    Or is it just enough to provide a certificate directly to the Home Office?

thanks for letting me knoq

14. Obi Nwankwo says:

I have a Masters degree in Architecture from University of Nigeria. Do I fall under the English speaking countries?

Hi Obi,

Nigeria would not be on the list of English exempt countries. Please see this Home Office document for further information – https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/489300/English_language_v11.0_EXT_clean.pdf

You may be interested in the UK NARIC Visas and Nationality Service for your Home Office purpose. The new VisasAndNationality service replaces the Home Office UKVI Points-Based Calculator web pages. This is the new designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided by UK NARIC on behalf of the Home Office. These statements confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route. For information on the service and how to apply, please visit the following page:

Alternatively, if you are required to prove a level of your English language proficiency then it is recommended you look into the alternative methods, such as an IELTS or SELT Exam. (https://www.ielts.org/)

I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

15. Nishant says:

Hi,
    I have a PhD degree from Spain. However I have already obtained UK Naric certificates for my Bachelor and Master degrees which were taught in India about English language assessment and academic qualification statement. I would be grateful if you could let me know if these certificates suffice the requirement for TIER 2(Gen.) visa as they mention the english level to be equivalent to CEFR level B1 same as on UKVI website. I suppose I don´t need all my certificates(PhD in this case) to be evaluated by UK Naric.
    Many Thanks
    Nishant

16. Guanchen says:

Hi,

I will apply for a Tier 2 general visa. I am a Chinese and hold a PhD degree from Virginia Tech, USA. I requested both an academic qualification and an English language assessment, but NARIC only sent me an academic qualification, no English language assessment. Is that enough for my visa application?

Sincerely,

Guanchen

17. Gabriela says:

I have a CIPD certificate on Human Resources and Development Management from a British college. Would this certificate be recognised by UKNARIC in order to get a letter as proof of English for my British Naturalusation application? Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your comment.

The role of UK NARIC is to comment on overseas qualifications; we do not comment on UK qualifications and these should be presented directly to the Home Office for their consideration.

I hope this helps.

18. kanch.pmd@gmail.com says:

HI,

I have already completed City & Guilds Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering .is this Qualification OK with the FHEQ (graduate ,degree level).& Can I Apply UK MSc from this Qualification.

Thank you for your comment.

As your qualification has been awarded by a UK awarding body it is outside of our remit to comment on this award. However, the following link should assist you with the comparable level of your award in the UK : https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/overview
      Each institution in the UK is autonomous and have their own entry requirements, we recommend you to contact the admissions department at the institution you are interested in attending directly to confirm if you can study one of their MSc programmes.

I hope this helps

19. Eddy Sirius says:

I am applying for General Visa Tier 2 under Temporary Worker- Skilled Job for Six months.
    As far for Knowledge for English, it states either submit academic qualification equivalent to UK NARIC or passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening. Am I right?

Now with respect to academic qualification , is there any way where I could check that my academic qualifications (I have all required documents- transcripts, certificate as well as MOL) are be qualified enough before sending the documents to UK NARIC and doing the payment? As the website doesn’t mention whether would it be 100% refunded incase it’s not approved?

Other thing is with respect to CEFR test, I have deaf disability, would I receive accommodation w.r.t Listening Skill? Also I am not clear, even for six months short term work experience ,whether I would need to necessarily apply for that CEFR test ? It leads me back to General Visa Tier 2 after I went through questionnaire “which visa should I apply” , it shows me temporary worker under skilled job which I am not clear whether it’s for short term work experience.

I hope you have site/ any means/ medium for the deaf as I find my email are not answered clearly to my satisfaction with the information held.

Dear Eddy,

Thank you for your comment.

As we are not immigration advisers we would be unable to clarify what visa you would require for your upcoming employment. These specific questions would need to be answered directly by the Home Office. The following email address should be able to answer your questions: ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

However, you can apply for our service initially without paying and our specialists can check whether your qualification would meet the requirements of our service. At the payment section of our application form you can click ‘other payment methods’ and your application will then be checked by a specialist.

I hope this helps.

• Eddy Sirius says:

I have sent all the documents for statement for comparability as well as english assessment using other payment methods to get services initially approved as per as earlier reply section.Once approved, I would proceed with further requirements. I once again, request you to kindly check whether my qualifications meets up the requirements of your service.

20. Manmeet Hora says:

Hi UK NARIC,
    Regards,
    Manmeet

• UK NARIC says:

Thank you for your comment Manmeet.

The transcript/ mark sheet words are interchangeable. Providing that you hold mark sheets for all years of study this should suffice our requirements.

I hope this helps.

• Manmeet Hora says:

Awesome, thank you so much for quick response.

I have one more question. I have entered details of my 2 qualifications, Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree. I now have all the 3 documents viz. Marksheets, Degree and Medium of Instruction for my Masters Degree. I have not managed to get the medium of instruction letter for my bachelor’s degree. But it is quite a renowned institute of India (world Rank 313).

Do I necessarily need the letter for my bachelors degree if I have a letter of instruction for my masters degree?

Regards,
        Manmeet

21. Manmeet Hora says:

Awesome, thank you so much for quick response.
    Regards,
    Manmeet

• Ramya says:

I am exactly in the same situation now, Could you please tell me if you are able to proceed with the Masters Certificates alone. I don’t have the degree certificate medium of Instruction letter. Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks,
      Ramya

Dear Ramya

Thank you for your comment.

We recommend that you check with the Home Office UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) if you need a statement from UK NARIC for your particular immigration application and your particular situation (and if any additional paperwork or evidence is necessary). UKVI (and not UK NARIC) has the final word on all these matters.

Please visit our website and Take the Red Route for Visas and Nationality to read further about the Service that we provide.

To provide this service we do require all of the following documents for each of the qualifications you would like to be included:
        – Final Certificate
        – Full Academic Transcripts / Mark Sheets
        – A Medium of Instruction Letter from the Awarding Institution

Kind regards,

22. Sudipa says:

Dear UK NARIC,

I need to apply for the Tier-2 visa for which I need to provide the proof of English language proficiency. I need a CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening. Please let me know if UK NARIC assesses this particular level (CEFR level B1) of English proficiency.

Thanks & regards,

Sudipa

Dear Sudipa,

Thank you for your comment.

The Visas and Nationality service via our ‘red route’ is the recommended route for all visa purposes as this is the designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided by UK NARIC on behalf of the Home Office. Based on your immigration tier and route we can provide you with a document that will confirm the comparability of your award and if applicable the English proficiency. In order to complete this service we require a final certificate, academic transcript and a medium of instruction letter from the awarding institution that confirms the degree course has been taught solely in English. This service is completed within ten working days but there is no fast track facility available. Further information regarding this service can be found here:

I hope this helps.

23. Batoul M says:

Dears,

I have submitted a Genral IELTS Test on 04-March-2017 in Beirut for Spouse Visa to UK and my result is as following;
    Overall Band Score: 5.5
    Listening: 5.5
    Reading: 6.5
    Writing: 5.0
    Speaking: 5.0
    CEFR Level: B2

Is it accepted for this visa or I have to submitt a Life Skills Test A1 for this purpose?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hi Batoul,

Thanks for your comment.

UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK’s national qualifications frameworks.

Please note that UK NARIC is a separate organisation from the Home Office and that we are unable to advise on visa requirements or the tier and/or route for which you may be applying.

For further information on visa and immigration requirements, you would need to contact the Home Office directly. Their website is https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration

Kind regards

24. Vishal Tilani says:

Two questions:

I have a bachelors degree and a masters degree both from Mumbai university. Do I need to submit transcripts, medium of instruction letter, etc for both the degrees or only for masters will suffice?

Trancripts are issued by my college which is affiliated to the university. You don’t need the transcripts issued directly by the university correct? I have degree certificates that are issued by the university but transcripts issued by my college.

Dear Vishal,

Thank you for your comment.

We would need to see the final certificate, full transcripts and mediom of instruction letter for both of your awards (Bachelor and Master degree). The transcripts can be issued by the affiliated college, however the medium of instruction letter should be issued by the central registry office of the University of Mumbai.

I hope this is of assistance. If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

• Vishal Tilani says:

Hi

I submitted all my documents and made payment on 22nd May (V4000108499). However, I was told today that I need to upload marksheets issued by the university as college transcripts are not acceptable which id contrary to what I was told here back in April.

I have uploaded the marksheets issued by university as well today. My only concern is that my assessment should not get delayed because of this as clearly I was provided incorrect information.

Please consider this case and count the processing days from 22nd May and not 30th May.

Thanks
      Vishal Tilani

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your comment.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment on your application on our social media accounts. You may wish to contact us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Alternatively, you also have the option of sending us a message via the secure messaging facility within the online application and one of our Information Advisers would be able to respond to you.

Kind regards,

25. Kumar says:

Dear Team,
    I am in the process of seeking UK NARIC to get Tier 2 visa. I have below documents with me –
    1. medium of instruction letter from my university
    2. original degree certificate
    3. marksheets for all 4 years – total 8 marksheets.

The university didn’t provide us with consolidated mark sheet, kindly advice if i can upload 8 marksheets along with MOI & scanned copy of degree certificate

Dear Kumar,

Thank you for your comment.

As we are social media account we are unable to comment on document formats or qualifications. However, you can send us a message through your online account or give us a call on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm) to speak to one of our Information Advisers who can help you.

From your comment, it seems like you have got the academic transcripts for the whole duration of study and this should suffice.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

• Kumar says:

Dear Team,
        Thanks for the clarification, my query was how to upload 8 mark sheets specifically in the registration portal. Should I zip them as a single file & upload it?
        Kindly suggest.

26. […] is more information about using UK NARIC English language statements for immigration purposes on other pages of this […]

27. Cecilia says:

Hi,

Hope you can help me with my query.
    I have my qualification from Spain and in Portugal, Degree in Biological Science but not in English. I’m already working in the UK since 2013. Which are the steps to follow in order for me to complete the English language requirements?

Hi Cecilia,

English Language Assessments give a level of English Proficiency on the CEFR Scale. To provide this service you must hold an award from overseas that is equivalent to a UK Bachelor, Masters or Phd Award that was solely taught in the medium of English. If your degree was not taught entirely in English, then we would not be able to provide you with the service and you may wish to consider a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as an IELTS or TOEFL test.

Please be aware that English Language Assessments give a level of English Proficiency on the CEFR Scale. They will not comment on the academic level of your award within the UK Framework. If you would like to benchmark the academic level of your award within the UK Framework, you may wish to use our Statement of Comparability service to do so.
      Further details can be found on our website:

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

28. Lina says:

Hi,
    I’m Indian, I hold masters from Rutgers university from USA. Do I need a letter from Naric to prove equivalent level of degree for Naturalization (prove knowledge of English) ?
    Thank you.

Hi Lina,

Thank you for your comment.

Visas and Nationality statements confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route.

If you have a degree from a majority English speaking country, for example USA, it is not necessary for you to have the English Language Assessment part of the service.

English Language Assessments are for applicants who have Degrees taught solely in English but completed in non-majority English speaking countries, for example India.

As such your assessment should just have the Academic comparison of the award. This is sufficient as proof of English proficiency as it is from a majority English speaking country.

For more information, please visit our website:

Kind regards,

29. Lina says:

Thank you for your response. I have 2 questions –

Do I need an academic comparison to prove my English proficiency or my degree will be enough for the naturalisation application ?

Also for academic comparison, what all documents do you need and how much time will it take for the assessment ?

Thanks.
    ——————
    Thank you.

Dear Lina,

Thank you for your comment.

To provide this service we do require the following documents for each of the qualifications you would like to be included:

Final Certificate

Full Academic Transcripts / Mark Sheets

As your Degree was completed within a majority English speaking country (USA) you may be exempt from proving your level of English Language.

The turnaround time for the Visas and Nationality service is 10 working days from the date of receipt of all required documentation and payment. Please note that this timeframe does not include delivery time and cannot be guaranteed. In some cases, such as those requiring additional research, the process may take longer and the applicant will be informed.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

30. Lina says:

Thank you for responding. Do I still need academic comparison of my award to prove english proficiency if my degree was from the USA or my degree certificate is enough? If yes, what all documents are required to process the assessment (academic comparison) ?
    Thanks.

___________
    Thank you.

Dear Lina,

Final Certificate

Full Academic Transcripts / Mark Sheets

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

31. Nikunj says:

Hi,
    Im doing a visa applications for my fiance whos from india, she currently holds two degrees taught in english from Mumbai university india. Can I send her degree certificates and pay the application fees from my account on her behalf to obtain the english test exemption certificate?

Will i be able to pay the application fee by debit card?

Nik

Dear Nik

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you require any UK NARIC services for another person, you will need to create a new application using a different email address.

There can only be one applicant per online application. Any other applicants will need their own application, and will be given a separate reference number.

You can set this up on their behalf and list yourself as a third party so that you are authorised to deal with the orders on their behalf.

Kind regards,

32. Prasi says:

for the visa purpose I wanted to apply for the English Language Assessment test. In UK naric, it is stated that the medium of instruction letter is needed. I did my
    degree in India and now I am in Sri Lanka and I could not go to India right now as I am working here. Hence, I wanted to ask can I submit a”transfer certificate” from my college (affiliated to university of Madras) in which the medium of instruction in English is stated. If you need the letter , can I get a letter from my college stating it is affiliated to Madras University or you need the letter from the university itself?

33. Heena says:

Hi,
    I have a degree from University of London (UOL) in association with LSE but I have achieved this as an external student through UOL’s international program. It does say on my degree that I have achieved this as an external student but also says that the degree has been attained with the same academic standard irrespective of place or mode of study. Will my degree still need to approved by Uk Naric to be submitted for a uk naturalisation application?

Dear Heena

Thank you for your comment.

Here at UK NARIC we are only able to vouch for the standing of awarding bodies provided they have accreditation / recognition by the relevant authorities in the country of origin. With regard to UK qualifications, UK NARIC can comment on professional qualifications awarded by certain organisations only. Any other qualifications, provided they are referenced against the National Qualifications Framework, should be automatically recognised in the UK.

If you are looking to apply for a visa, then in order to discuss your UK Award further you will need to contact the Home Office directly.

Kind regards,

34. sahil says:

Hi
    My Official Transcripts states the Medium of Instruction is English.
    Do I still need an MOI certificate?

Dear Sahil,

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, we would require a separate medium of instruction letter than confirms the level of English proficiency. We have found that information on a transcript can be template and not tailored to the course in question.

Kind regards