UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information, advice and expert opinion on vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from over 180 countries worldwide.

As the National Agency, managed on behalf of the UK Government, we provide the only official source of information on international qualifications to organisations recruiting from overseas and to individuals wishing to work or study in the UK.

For information about the copyright on this blog please visit https://uknaric.org/about/copyright/

131 Comments on “About”

  1. UK NARIC says:

    That’s why we’re here!

  2. Would you mind if I shared this post on my webpage? I would certainly give you credit and a link back to your webpage. Thanks, and if possible let me know here, or email me!

    • UK NARIC says:

      Yep, feel free!

      • Bob says:

        Great tips I’ve minlay used three of these to improve my language skills and that is to read, write and speak more. Really the most basic and useful.

    • Rashpal Bains says:

      I sent my certificates for comparison to UK NARIC nearly a month ago….still waiting for the comparison certificate to arrive. I have done BHMS from Bharti Vidyapeeth University Pune, India. Could some one please help? As I want to fill the UCAS form for teacher training soon.

      • UK NARIC says:

        Hi Rashpal,
        We are not able to discuss individual applications online please contact us on 08713307033, so that we can clarify any issues with your application. Alternatively, you can log into your UK NARIC account to check it’s progress.

  3. I often blog i really appreciate your articles. The article has really sparks my interest. I am about to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new information.

  4. Hannah Bassi says:

    I finished BA in mass communication in Manila, philippines. I’m planning to study child psychology here in Norwich, UK. What do I need to do to convert my diploma to get credits when I go back to uni.

    • UK NARIC says:

      In the first instance, it’s best to speak to the university directly about their requirements- if they need evidence from UK NARIC about the comparable level of your degree from the Philippines, then a Statement of Comparability would be the service to apply for. Once the UK NARIC assessment is complete, the university in Norwich will be able to decide on a suitable level of credit transfer. Please note that the decision to admit / reject an applicant lies entirely with the university.

  5. Kerry says:

    I am studying a South African BCom and see that to query the UK comparison, I need to have completed my degree. I will only be finished studying next year May (2014) but would like to know now what the equivalent for my qualification will be now? Please advise how I can do this?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      We can confirm as per your email that we are only able to provide a written assessment of completed qualifications. Whilst we are unfortunately unable to comment on qualifications or institutions via email or provide comparability statements by email, you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to provide a verbal comparison over the telephone.

      I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

      Kind regards,

  6. Vaida says:

    Hello, I would like to know- I have a semi-permanent make up diploma in English language . My cours i’v done in the uk. I need to verified my diploma for work in the uk or not? This company for work using product’s which are maded in Germany.thank you!

    • UK NARIC says:


      The best thing to do is call us on +44 (0)871 330 7033 to discuss whether the qualifications could be recognised.

      UK NARIC

  7. Silvana Hoxha says:

    Hi,I work in a primary school as a learning support assistant and I need to know What is Diploma on Higher Education (certified by NARIC) equivalent to?,thank you.

    • UK NARIC says:

      The Diploma of Higher Education (known as the DipHE) is a QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework, the UK’s national qualification framework) level 5 award. For more details on the QCF, please see http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Publications/InformationAndGuidance/Documents/Qualsboundaries09.pdf A DipHE is a higher education award, usually obtained after 2 to 3 years of study at a British University. Transfer onto a Bachelor degree is common, usually requiring one more years’ study.

      • nazma says:

        hello ,uk naric ,
        i applying for ilr .already i gave life in uk test .and i need to sit b1 test as well.i have master degree from Dhaka University ( Bangladesh).if i compare that masters certificate from you ..still i need to Sit for B1 exam?some body said to me if it is approved by uk Naric ,you dont need to sit for B1.is it right?please inform me on (bdtoki@yahoo.com).i will apply as soon as possible.

      • UK NARIC says:

        Hi there, thanks for the query. A list of the approved English tests accepted by the Home Office can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261533/new-approved-english-tests.pdf Alternatively, you may be able to demonstrate your English proficiency by using your overseas degree- details on our English Language Assessment service can be found at: http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/English%20Language%20Assessment.aspx I hope this helps. Best regards, UK NARIC

  8. Fouzia hoq says:

    I have completed my masters in management.I want to get a graduation certificate form NARIC.If I will send my all educational certificate how many days it will take to sent me graduation certificate and the processing how I can apply .please let md know the way.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi, once we have payment and all your documents it takes up to 15 working days. More information about applying can be found on this page http://bit.ly/16JkKiU and what to send can be found on this page http://bit.ly/16j2VUG.

      Good luck

  9. Geoff says:

    Hello, my wife has achieved a Bsc in Commerce (taught in English 4 year course) from a uni in the Philippines. Does anyone know or have a good idea if this this would satisfy the new English Language skills (October 2013) needed to apply for Indefinate Leave to remain.

    Thanks in advance,

    • UK NARIC says:

      The UK NARIC English Language Assessment was devised to help provide an indication of English language proficiency for Tiers 1 and 2 of the PBS. We have spoken to the UK Home Office about whether it could be used to support an application for settlement and naturalisation in the UK and we are awaiting a reply.

      We would therefore advise you to check with the Home Office directly (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/enquiries/).

      When we have received an update from the Home office we will publish this information.

  10. Antonio Dias says:

    I have a security guard card from Portugal.
    What can i do to make it valid to work in the U K?

    • UK NARIC says:

      It is probably best to get in touch with the UK’s National Contact Point for Professional Qualifications UKNCP; http://www.ukncp.org.uk

  11. julia tang says:

    10/12/2013 at 3:00 pm
    I want to know that the diploma of Xi An University of Science and Technology(in China) in the UK admittde or not?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      Further to this I can confirm that Xi’an University of Science and Technology is a recognised institution in China. Unfortunately we cannot comment on your individual award as we have not seen it. UK universities are autonomous, as such the decision as to whether a course meets their requirements is taken at their discretion. If you wish to apply for a Statement of Comparability please see the link to our website below:


  12. aftab says:

    Hi, my wife done a masters in Pakistan in 2011( this was in applied psychology and was an English medium taught course at GC university in Faisalabad), would this be enough to satisfy the home office in regards to her settlement visa application for her English proficiency.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Aftab,

      Thank you for your Post.

      UK NARIC is a separate organisation from the Home Office and so we are unable to advise on the requirements for a Visa application.

      We would recommend you contact the Home Office directly for information on this matter. Their website is https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration and their telephone number is 0870 606 7766.

      UK NARIC provide a number of services that can be used to support an application if these are required. These include the “Statement of Comparability” if an academic equivalence of the award is required. Additionally the “English Language Assessment“ is available where an award is equivalent to a UK Bachelors award and is taught entirely in English, this will provide an assessment of the award to see if it meets a CEFR level C1 for English proficiency.

      Details of UK NARIC’s services including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/1mIqbZg

      I hope this information is of assistance to you.

  13. Fouzia Hoq says:

    Hi ,I have finished my study(including honours and masters) from Bangladesh . I have provitional certificate not main copy. Should I allow to apply for study in this country?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Fouzia,

      Thank you for your post,

      Depending on the service required, UK NARIC normally requires a copy of the Final Certificate and Transcripts to issue a statement in relation to a qualification. In cases where the Final Certificate has yet to be issued a provisional certificate can normally be accepted, however any documentation issued by UK NARIC on this basis would include the following notification:

      “Final certificate not presented. We recommend that a copy of the final certificate be presented to potential employers / admitting institutions as official proof of qualification.”

      This would not affect the outcome of the assessment and this notification can be removed for a replacement fee once the final certificate has been obtained.

      I hope this helps but for any further enquiries you can always contact our office to discuss this matter further on +44 (0)871 330 7033 – Office hours: Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.00 (UK time)

  14. Rusela says:

    Dear uk naric,

    When applying for refund what does it mean in writing … Email or through post and if. By post to where address does it go? Thanks I emailed the enquiry box but never get back to me thanks much

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Rusela,

      Thank you for your post. I can confirm receipt of your refund request. Due to a high volume of emails/messages we have not had opportunity to process this and provide a response as yet but will do so shortly. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience in this matter.

  15. ajit sarker says:

    UK naric equivalent of bds degree of Dhaka university,Bangladesh

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Ajit,

      Thank you for your post.

      Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on individual institutions or awards in an open forum such as this but if you would like to contact us by phone we could discuss this matter further with you.

      t: +44 (0)871 330 7033
      Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline. Mobile providers and other networks may vary.
      Office hours: Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.00 (UK time)

      If you require a statement confirming the recognition and level of your awards in the UK’s education system you can find details on how to apply for UK NARIC’s “Statement of Comparability” here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

      I hope this helps

  16. Najam us Samad says:

    Does UK NARIC recognises SSC qualification of Pakistan for equivalence?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Najam,

      Thank you for your post,

      Unfortunately the earliest level of assessment we are able to provide an assessment for is the HSC in Pakistans education system and we would be unable to provide a comparability for qualifications studied below this level.

      I hope this helps

      • Najam us Samad Anjum says:

        Actually i want equivalence for the requirement of GCE O level English of the Birmingham University…..
        So, What could I do now? I have 3A*s at CIE A levels…. and ILETS overall Band score 8.0 …. but I dont have GCE O level English…

      • UK NARIC says:

        Dear Najam,

        Thank you for your post,

        The IELTS test is an English proficiency test rather than an academic qualification, as such UK NARIC would be unable to compare this to GCE English standard. Some university’s may accept an English test in place of an English subject requirement for overseas students. However, this would be at the individual discretion of the university, it would be worth contacting Birmingham University directly to discuss with their admissions team, if they accept any alternatives.

        Best of luck with your application

  17. Muhammad says:


    Thank you for your great service!

    I would be grateful if you please kindly reply to my post. My wife has a bachelor degree (4 years honours) in Sociology from University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Now I would like to convert her degree to any UK qualification please. I do not what UK qualification will be her bachelor degree from Bangladesh.

    Can you please let me know what qualification would be that one if she would like to go ahead through UKNARIC? Will that equivalent to B1 qualification or above please? Many thanks for your reply!

    Kind regards,


    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Muhammad,

      Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss individual cases on a public forum (such as this), however please call our enquiry team on t: +44 (0) 871 330 7033 who will be able to give you advice on the phone before you decide whether or not to go ahead with a statement of comparability. Alternatively please email: communications@naric.org.uk

      We look forward to hearing from you

  18. Amet says:

    I graduated in Bulgaria a year ago, now learn English in England and want to legalize my diploma. Would you advise me, because I do not know what are the steps for translation and legalization in England.

    Thanks for the assistance

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Amet,

      UK NARIC can provide you with a Statement of Comparability (SoC) which will give you the UK comparable level of your award. We do not offer a translation service, however we do offer a translation waiver for certain languages, one of the language we cover is Bulgarian. The best way to get a SoC is applying online which you can do via our website: https://www.naric.org.uk/NARIC/individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Translation%20Waiver.aspx.

      I hope this answers your questions

  19. Mishal Ahmed says:

    I have done my Fsc in pre medical in Pakistan and now I am here in Uk so I want to know that where do I stand here according to Uk education system, what do I have to do? Can I take admission in any university with only Fsc or I will have to do A-levels?

    • UK NARIC says:

      We are not able to discuss individual qualifications on a public form however please call us on t: +44 (0)871 330 7033 or email communications@naric.org.uk and our advisors will be happy to help

  20. mishal says:

    does UK NARICS recognizes HSC qualification of Pakistan for equivalence? what is the equivalence of HSC according to UK education system?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Mishal,

      For information about a particular qualification you can either call us to speak to an advisor on t: +44 (0)871 330 7033 or you can apply for a Statement of Comparability (SoC). Should you decide to apply for a SoC you can do so online via our website: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx

      I hope this helps,
      UK NARIC

  21. laura says:

    Hi! I am a spanish girl and I will like improve my english because I finish my degree in spain and I need the PET cartificate Can you help me, please?thanks

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Laura,

      For more information about the PET certificate you would need to contact Cambridge English language Assessment directly (http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/preliminary/). However if you would like information on courses to improve your English prior to taking a test, there are many providers. The British Council would be a good place to start looking for suitable courses. http://www.britishcouncil.org/europe/improve-your-english/courses . I hope this helps

  22. ronstarnet says:

    Hello sir/medam,
    I have a bachelor degree from east west university of Bangladesh, one of well know private university in Bangladesh, I like to study masters in UK, is my qualification is equivalent to UK bachelor degree?

    Thanks in advance.

    With regards

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Mohammed

      Thank you for your email.

      UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the comparability of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK’s national qualifications frameworks.

      Unfortunately we are unable to comment on qualifications or institutions via our blog or provide comparability statements by blog.

      If you would like to use our services you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Detailed information on our services and the various steps to take can also be found here: http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=16 and http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=22

      If you require a UK NARIC Statement of Comparability from us the recommended application route for obtaining this is online, through the User Portal. Upon registering an account, you can complete your entire application online by submitting your contact details and uploading any required documentation and making payment. You will be able to track the progress of your application, and remain in contact with the specialists here at UK NARIC by using the messaging function built into the portal. It is possible for you to apply by post, however please note that we will require printed copies (not originals) of all documentation (detailed below) as well as a covering letter which should include your contact details and explain the purpose of your enquiry.

      Comprehensive details about the application process are provided on the How to Apply section of the website, however, prior to starting your application it should be noted that we will require the following documentation in order to process your enquiry:

      • a copy (scanned or printed) of your certificate(s) together with final transcript(s) in the original language
      • a copy (scanned or printed) of a certified translation in English if necessary or a Diploma Supplement and/or Certificate Supplement issued in English
      • payment for the service (see details below)
      • there is no need to send us a self-addressed envelope; a postage option is provided within the check-out process
      • if applying online, please include any relevant information relating to the purpose of your enquiry within the “Application Notes” field prior to submission of your application
      • if applying by post, please include a covering letter which should include your contact details and explain the purpose of your enquiry.

      All documentation should either be uploaded directly through the user portal, or be sent to us by post.

      If you do not wish to apply online you can also apply through the post. You then need to send us photocopies of all your academic documentation including your final transcripts and final certificates (if these are not in English, please include certified translations) along with a covering letter, with all your contact details on it, including your name and address and a contact email address (if you have one) and a contact telephone number. Your covering letter also needs to contain a brief description of why you wish to apply to us.

      If you apply through the post this service will cost £46.00 if you live outside the EU, or £46.00 +VAT (£55.20) if you live within the EU (plus your chosen delivery option).

      The turnaround time for the Statement of Comparability is 15 working days from the date of receipt of all required documentation and payment. Please note that this timeframe does not include delivery time and cannot be guaranteed. In some cases, such as those requiring additional research, the process may take longer and the applicant will be informed.

      I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  23. Andy Loppas says:

    Hi, can you please let me know if the University of Wales Newport, was a part of the University of Wales. Was this considered one University, or under the University of Wales umbrella.

    thank you

    Andy Loppas

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Andy,

      Unfortunately, as the National Recognition Centre for overseas qualification, we aren’t able to comment on UK institutions. I’m sure if you contact the University of Wales directly they would be able to clarify alternatively, you could contact the British Accreditation Council; A body which provides a quality assurance scheme for independent further and higher education in the UK: 03003301400.

      I hope this helps.

  24. P D says:


    I had applied for a Statement of Compariability. I was asked to upload Certificates of Examinations I gave. However, in the Indian system, we are not issued Certificates for Completion of a course, the Marksheet is sufficient enough proof of completion. But, I was told that NARIC is unable to process the application for the said reason (non-availability of the Certificates).

    I want to know that in such a case, ie where the awarding Institution does not issue any Certificate/Diploma in its ordinary course, can you proceed on the basis of Marksheets.

    Further, if not, is refund of the Fees available and in what time.


    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi there and thanks for your comment,

      Unfortunately, we can’t comment on individual applications online but we do frequently see final certificates for Diplomas studied in India. If you have not received this document you may wish to contact the course provider, alternatively UK Naric maybe able to accept other confirmation of the course being completed however a disclaimer maybe included on the statement indicating we hadn’t seen the final certificate at the time of issue.

      We would recommend contacting the individual dealing with your application either through your UK NARIC account or by contacting us on +448713307033 and quoting your reference number.

      In the event we are unable to proceed with your application we can provide a refund, this should be requested in writing or via email and normally takes 10-15 working days to be returned to your account.

      • P D says:

        Hi, Thanks for your assistance. I received a mail from noreply@ecctis.co.uk stating that NARIC is unable to provide me with the said service. I sent a Refund request on the system & also sent an email to feedback.naric.org.uk. However, as of yet, I have not received any confirmation. Please advise me about the Refund procedure – to what email address should I mail my Refund request, When do I ordinarily receive a confirmation/acknowledgement etc.

        Thanks & Regards

  25. Sheri says:

    Hi. I completed a four-year Bachelor’s Degree in the Philippines in 2000, but have decided this year to go back to university to do an undergraduate (Hons) course in Criminology with Psychology. Having done my research, I found out that my degree is comparable to British Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard. My question is that will I be eligible for full student funding from the Student Finance body? It will be a top-up course after all, as opposed to a second degree?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Sheri,

      We really aren’t in a position to comment on funding or bursaries that are available to students, this should always be checked with the organisation that provides the finance. However UK NARIC can assist where evidence of the level of your overseas qualifications maybe required.

  26. agnes says:

    thank you for your kind information. I would be very happy if you can address my inquiry. I’m from the Philippines, and I’m looking the exact address and telephone number or contact person of NARIC here.
    I am a religious wanted to apply for tier 2, my question is: am I still to take the exam of English proficiency since, I will work as a missionary? thank you very much.

    • UK NARIC says:

      All the contact information is on the UK NARIC website http://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx.

      With regard to Tier 2 Minister visa you should contact the Home Office to discuss the requirements.

  27. Sonita Anthony says:

    Hi my name is Sonita anthony I came from Pakistan I done metric in Pakistan what is equivalent level in UK and I also have Operation theatre certificate from Pakistan tell me please what should I do and where I can start because I want to do job in same profession please guide me what is next step from I start please send me all details
    Thank you

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Sonita,

      UK NARIC can assist in providing a comparison of your award in the UK, this can help organisations to then make an informed decision when considering your qualifications.

      Details including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

      You would be best to contact a careers service for advice on entering a particular profession as the guidance may vary.

  28. hasna says:

    Dear Sir
    My name is hasna and I’m living in London. I got my degree in arabic studies in Morroco. I’m wondering if I can equel my degree here in uk?

    Looking forward to hearing from you

  29. Ahmad Alchawakh says:

    Hi there
    I have been applying for NARIC to get the equivalence of my qualifications but NARIC would not accept my original university degree without its mark sheet . So , it is frustrating to hear because there is no way to get mark sheet from. Syria now because of the war….
    So , i am just wondering if there are any chance to get the comparability of the statement through Naric ? Thanks

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Ahmad,

      Thank you for your comment, we are unable to comment on individual applications online and would recommend emailing us or preferably speaking by phone if there are complications with your application.

      Whilst, UK NARIC will try to issue a statement of comparability taking into account individual circumstances, we also have a responsibility to ensure that a minimum level of evidence is presented to ensure that an accurate comparison of the award is made and that we are able to confirm that all aspects of the award has been completed before issuing a statement.

  30. Diego Valiente says:

    Hi, my name is Diego and I am from Spain. I have a question about your services.

    I have been asked by several universities to transform my grades into the UK rating system (first-class, upper second-class, lower second-class…). But I have read on your website this information: “Please note that at UK NARIC we are unable to provide a comparability statement for the grades obtained in your qualifications.”

    So if I use your services, will you transform my overall grade of my university degree (which is 7.5 out of 10) into the UK system? Or will you tell me the equivalencies of my University Degree (which is the Bachelor’s Degree)?

    Thank you so much for your answer,

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Diego

      We are used by many Universities to provide an equivalence of the overall level of the award in the UK’s education system. While this does not include an individual breakdown of the Grades in the UK’s education system, Universities are able to use this information alongside your original awards to help them make an informed decision.

      UK NARIC is the designated national agency for the recognition of international awards and their isn’t another organisation that would be able to provide grading information, so it sounds like the Statement of Comparability is what they are requesting but if uncertain do double check with the University where they want you to obtain the information from.

      I hope this helps.

      • Diego Valiente says:

        Thank you so much for your answer, I will ask the University again.

        Have a nice day,

  31. Zarar K Ghazi says:

    Greetings from Bangladesh. I am applying for a Masters program in the UK. Do I need to get the NARIC certification of comparability for my previous degrees or is it the university that I would be applying to? Thanks.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Requirements can vary between Universities. The best advice would be to contact the university in the first instance and if they advise you, that you will require a comparison of your Bangladeshi awards then you can apply for the service through UK NARIC.

      I hope this helps.

  32. Susan Osborne says:

    Hello, I have been asked to contact NARIC for information about working in the UK as a hairdresser. I am licensed cosmetologist of 20 years and cosmetology educator also licensed for 15 years. Please advise.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Susan,

      we are not able to provide careers advice for entry into specific professions but if you have nationally recognised qualifications from abroard, we can compare these to the UK’s education system to help employers can make an informed decision.

  33. Melissa says:

    I am a British citizen living in South Africa currently. I studied in South Africa for a Bcom degree. What is the UK equivalent to my degree ?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Melissa,

      We are unable to comment on individual awards online but a verbal comparison can normally be given by calling our service centre on +44 8713307033. If you require written confirmation details including how to apply can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

      I hope this helps

  34. Mukesh Sharma says:

    Hello, i got my master’s degree equivalent to British bachelor’s honours degree but there is no English language skill score when i tried on pbs web site. I aslo have IELTS. Do i need to any other degree or verification. Please help me.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Mukesh,

      This blog article may help but please see http://www.gov.uk for requirements for a visa application UK NARIC is not directly involved in this process.

  35. Rai says:

    Hi I HAve done diploma in nursing 3years in Nepal can my qualification b transferred to UK or how can I go for nursing study again

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Rai,

      We may be able to help compare your qualification to the UK’s educational framework but this would not automatically enable you to practice nursing in the UK as a regulated profession you may wish to contact the nursing and midwifery council for further advice on the necessary requirements in the UK.

      http://www.nmc-uk.org / +44 (0)207 637 7181

      If wishing to obtain a written comparison, Details including how to apply for a statement of comparability can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO Answers to frequently asked questions for this service can also be found here: http://bit.ly/Xc9lzM

      I hope this helps.

  36. Sangeeta says:

    I was wondering if my SSC exam results (Indian exam board from Mumbai) would be a valid equivalent to a GCSE in Maths and English.
    Thank you.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Sangeeta,

      While we can provide general advice regarding UK NARIC’s services through our websites . We are unable to comment on individual awards. Please call 0871 3307033 to speak to an adviser directly who will be able to provide an expected comparison of your award prior to applying..

      Kind regards

      UK NARIC

  37. Sadik-Bin-Salauddin says:

    I’m an ACCA partly qualified studying in Bangladesh. I wanted to know if NARIC provides a UK equivalent graduation certificate to partly qualified ACCA students. If yes, then will it be approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in Bangladesh? And also will I be able to study for MBA or for Master’s degree here in Bangladesh?

    • UK NARIC says:

      It is worth noting though that UK NARIC is the designated national agency for the recognition of overseas awards in the UK, so there should be no presumption that an organisation in Bangladesh would accept a statement from UK NARIC, so we would recommend clarifying this with them first.

      While we are not able to provide a comparison for incomplete award if you have completed the fundamental level for the ACCA, but we would need to see the details of your ACCA award before being able to confirm if a comparison is possible. You may wish to contact our information advisors on 08713307033 to discuss this further.

      • Sadik-Bin-Salauddin says:

        Thank you for the info.

  38. jorge says:

    Hello, I am a student from Spain and I would like to apply for a teacher training course with 2016 entrey. Before I apply to that course, UCAS ask everyone to get a statement of comparability of my education that compares to a grade C in GCSE level of english and maths. I’ve just applied to you, and my question is: Can I get those GCSEs levels recognised?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Jorge,

      We can compare your overseas award but where English has been studied as a second language it is unlikely to be equivalent to English GCSE studied in the UK.

      In this situation you can encourage the organisations to consider other factors as part of your application, if you have evidence of english study at a higher level (GCSE is a school award in the UK) but ultimately the final decision will be with the organisation you are applying to.

      As Teaching is a regulated profession you could contact NCTL who oversee the requirements for this profession, who may be able to offer further advice

      Tel:0800 389 2500
      Web: http://www.education.gov.uk/help/contactus/nctl

  39. Nicole says:

    Hello, I’m currently finishing my Bachelors in Psychology in Canada and wanted to become a counsellor/therapist in the UK. However, I’m extremely confused with how credentials from Canada (Montreal, Quebec) would transfer to the UK system.

    From what I understand, students can apply for the first level of a counselling diploma as soon as they are 18, with no prior experience. But by next year, I’ll have finished a 4-year course in psychology. If I were to apply for an BACP accredited course, which diploma level would I apply for? Also, how long is each diploma from Level 1 to 3? I seem to have only found information for Level 4, which is 2 years.

    I’m not sure how much detail you’ll be able to give me so if possible, please direct me to an organisation that might be more familiar with the counselling system. I haven’t looked into specific universities as of yet.

    • UK NARIC says:

      While we can certainly help you in clarifying the academic level of your awards in the UK you may wish to contact http://www.bps.org.uk/ for further advise on whom to contact for entry into this specific profession and what courses may be useful if you are looking to become a counsellor/therapist in the UK.

  40. Regina Yeboah says:

    Hi I have a btec level 3 certificate and I will like to know how many points in GCSE and A levels they are translated to

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Regina,

      UK NARIC only evaluates international awards a BTEC level 3 is a UK award and should already be recognised in the UK. To understand more about the level of this award in the UK you may wish to contact QAA, which helps oversee the UK’s educational frameworks.

  41. Hayley Kruger says:

    Could you advise me on proving English proficiency – I am a medical doctor ( psychiatrist) already working in the UK for over ten years with full registration. My higher qualification is from the UK ( MRCPsych) and Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from South Africa in 1996. I have a letter of proficiency in English from my University but apparently this is not enough according to the checking service- even though I already have ILR and it was previously accepted. Given my work history and UK qualifications, it seems totally unreasonable to undergo a basic English test. I checked your website and the turnaround time is longer than the checking service are willing to hold my documents ( everything else in order) . Please help? Hayley

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Hayley

      Thanks for your message although we offer services that may assist you with visa or naturalisation we are not directly involved in this process and are unable to comment on requirements for English or otherwise. Please see the Home Office website (www.gov.uk) for more details about their requirements.

      If you did require an English assessment from UK NARIC we offer a fast track service for those needing a swift turnaround.

  42. Alina says:

    I would like to ask if my Statement of Comparability has been destroyed,can I have a duplicate? And how much it will cost me.
    Thank you!

    • UK NARIC says:

      Thank you for requesting UK NARIC to re-issue your Statement of Comparability.

      Since your request has been received more than three months after the original Statement of Comparability has been sent, you will need to submit a photocopy of the relevant qualification(s) to UK NARIC in order to verify the level of your assessment. We will charge £12.00 (£14.40 incl. VAT) for re-issuing this statement. Please note there is an additional postage charge payable; please see the delivery options page for further details.

      If you wish to pay by credit or debit card, you can call UK NARIC on (0044) (0)871 330 7033 (Monday to Friday, between 9:00am and 5:00pm) and make your payment over the phone.

      If you wish to pay by cheque or postal order, this needs to be made payable to ECCTIS LIMITED. Please post the cheque or postal order to the address below, stating your name and reference number on the cover letter/note.

      Our address is:

      UK NARIC
      GL50 1XP

      I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  43. Ali Maarefi says:

    Hi i’m going to send my documents which are”secondary education high school grades from iran translated in english” to you, as i’m going to apply for dentistry, they need my strength level i science subjects like biology, chemistry, physics and math, will i recieve them in my statement in details for example your 19 in chemistry os equal to A+ in uk system and so?
    And one more thing should i send you copy of the documents in original language as well or official translated documents would be sufficient?


    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Ali,

      UK NARIC requires both the translations and the original language documents in order to proceed with an application. The Statement of Comparability is not a replacement for your original award and so will not convert grades directly. The statement instead provides an overall comparison of your award in Iran to the UK’s educational framework. This can then be presented along with grades in your original award to help organisations make a more informed decision. I hope this helps.

  44. Cristina says:

    Hi, my equivalent from Naric is not acepted by SASE apprenticeship framework.
    What can I do?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Cristina,

      Although, UK NARIC is the appointed national agency for recognition of International awards, organisations are still free to use their discretion regarding the documentation they accept. You may wish to contact SASE directly and discuss what requirements they accept for holders of international awards.

  45. Diego Valiente says:


    My name is Diego Valiente, I asked you a question some time before, but now another doubt has risen. I am from Spain and here we have two types of Master’s programmes (“Máster oficial” y “Máster propio”).

    Do you take into account this in your Statement of Comparability or are they equate to a Master’s Degree in the UK?

    Thank you so much,

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Diego,

      Thanks for your comment. UK NARIC is certainly able to offer comparisons for National awards attained in Spain we are unable to comment on individual awards online. You could contact one of our information officers on 0871 3307033 to discuss the specific awards further.

      Full details for applying for a statement of comparability can be found here.

  46. IR says:

    Hello I am a medical graduate (doctor) with an MBBS from Pakistan. Is there any document that UKNARIC uses to assessing what the performance of the individual has been in the degree.


    • UK NARIC says:


      Details including how to apply for a statement of comparability can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO Answers to frequently asked questions for this service can also be found here: http://bit.ly/Xc9lzM

      I hope this helps.

  47. Kristina says:

    Hello, I graduated in Serbia and want to apply for a job in EU. One of the requirements is: Only diplomas and certificates that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are the subject of equivalence certificates issued by authorities in the said Member States shall be taken into consideration. Is it enough to have your Statement of Comparability? Many thanks!

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Kristina,

      UK NARIC can provide a comparison to a UK award and we are the designated national agency for the recognition of international qualificaitions in the UK. so this sounds like it could be used in this instance but you may wish to discuss the requirements with them directly to clarify for certain before applying to UK NARIC.

      I hope this helps

  48. Mr shafiq says:

    I have completed (ACCA F1to F9) can l apply for NARIC degree?
    If it is possible please informe me how to apply and cost.

    • UK NARIC says:

      Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we are unable to comment on individual awards online but if you call our information advisers on 0871330 7033 UK NARIC can normally provide advice on the expected level of the award. Alternatively details including how to apply for a statement of comparability can be found here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXOhttp://bit.ly/XrMrXO

  49. Sharon Westfold says:

    Hi Can anyone explain exactly what a IGCSE is? I have tried on a number of websites – but other than it being an international GCSE I can’t find much more.

    I want to apply for an apprenticeship in children and young peoples workforce and the new rules say that equivalents are not excepted unless they are direct IGCSEs.

    • UK NARIC says:


      Thank you for your query.

      The role of UK NARIC is to comment on non-UK qualifications and provide information concerning their comparable level in the UK’s qualifications framework.

      The iGCSE qualification already forms part of the UK’s national qualifications framework and, as such, we are unable to comment on these awards.

      I recommend contacting an organisation called OFQUAL who create and maintain the UK’s national qualifications framework. They can advise how UK qualifications compare to one another. Their details can be found here:


      I hope this helps.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  50. Jola says:

    Can you tell me why I can’t apply for the service online? Firstly, by mistake, I chose the post option and paid £1.50 for post service. Then I saw “apply online” option and decided to do this online. I uploaded all the documents and filled all fields, but there is no option for me to pay the fee for the service. And there is only one sentence: there is an issue with your basket you have to choose post option. Can you please tell me why????

    • UK NARIC says:


      Thank you for contacting UK NARIC and I am sorry to hear you are having technical difficulties with the online application process.

      We are unable to advise on specific applications via social media. If you log in to your account and send a message through the secure messaging function, we will be able to assist you further.

      Alternatively, please send us an email quoting your name and reference number to enable us to investigate further. The email address to send this to is info@naric.org.uk.

      I hope this is of assistance,

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  51. Adil shah says:

    Does UK NARIC recognises SSC qualification of Pakistan for equivalence?
    I need minimum entery level 2 in English and maths

    • UK NARIC says:

      Thank you for contacting UK NARIC. Please note we are unable to comment on specific qualifications via social media.

      You can call us on +44 (0)871 330 7033 for advice over the telephone (Calls costs 11p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.), Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm).

      Our Advisers can provide verbal comparisons without any cost; this will allow you to make an informed decision about whether to apply for a written Statement of Comparability.

      We are able to provide a Statement of Comparability for completed qualifications that form a distinct level in the qualifications framework of the country of origin. You can apply and upload your documents directly through our website: http://www.naric.org.ukhttp://www.naric.org.ukhttp://www.naric.org.ukhttp://www.naric.org.uk

      I hope this helps.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  52. Angeliz mitchell says:


    I am a hairdresser/barber from indonesia since 1997.
    And work in the uk since 2005, now i am british citizen.
    I would like to ask if possible there for me to translate my hair certificate so can be recognised in uk.

    Thank you

  53. Sofia says:

    Hi ! My name is Sofia and I was wondering if I have to translate my documents from spanish to english before send it to you or you accept it anyways.

    Many thanks !

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Sofia, you can either provide certified English translations alongside the original Spanish or, for an additional fee, you can take advantage of our Translation Waiver Service and we can work directly from the original Spanish. Full details of this can be found here: http://www.ecctis.co.uk/NARIC/individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Translation%20Waiver.aspx

      I hope this helps.

  54. Kumar Ketan sharma says:

    I want to book fast track service of comparability and english assessment ; i have uploaded all documents but I cant seem to get option for fast track. how do i do it please?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi, the option to add fast track to your order can be found in the ‘Additional Services’ section of the User Portal. Please note that in order to speed up the process, we do not take the additional fast track payment until all documents have been checked. Once added to your order, an Officer will check your application and message you when we are in a position to take payment.

      You can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further.

      I hope this is of assistance to you.

  55. Marie says:

    I already sent my application(High school record) and yesterday I received an email saying that my application is lower level. I don’t know what should I do next. Does that mean I’m not qualified?

    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Marie,

      We are unfortunately unable to comment on specific applications via social media. You can send a message through the secure User Portal, however, and a member of the team can look into your personal application further.

      In regards to school qualifications in general, we can only comment on exit awards that constitute a distinct level in the qualifications framework in the country in which they were studied. In addition to this, we can only comment on qualifications that have a comparable level in the UK. Many countries award national qualifications at lower levels than the UK, however we are unable to comment on these as there is not a qualification to compare them to. We recommend such qualifications be presented directly to admitting institutions/ potential employers for their consideration.

      I hope this helps.

  56. Ping Peng says:


    I have been accepted by PGCE course ( Secondary Maths), and it is a conditional offer (GCSE English and Maths B). I am Chinese and I have finished two masters courses in UK (MSc Business and Management, Masters of Mathematics)

    I have sent my application for the Naric statement of my Chinese High School Leaving Certificate by post on 8 April, and the cheque has been cleared on 28 April. I haven’t received the statement yet.

    I forgot to send the copies of my UK degrees and my email address. I am wondering when I can receive my statement and if the statement can satisfy the condition I need to get into PGCE course.

    Thank you in advance,


    • UK NARIC says:

      Hi Ping,

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      We are unable to comment on specific applications via social media. Please send an email with your name and contact details to info@naric.org.uk and a member of the team can look into this further for you. Alternatively you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an Information Adviser and they will be happy to discuss this with you further.

      In regards to your UK degrees, the role of UK NARIC is to comment on overseas awards only; we do not comment on UK qualifications. There is/ was therefore no need to include these with your application.

      I hope this information is of assistance to you.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  57. Ping Peng says:


  58. Ping Peng says:

    Thank you, you are very helpful. I have sent an email as you suggested.

  59. Hi,

    I need quick help

    i did my graduation from Bangladesh, Bachelor of Arts (4years) under a private university (UGC approved with good grade) – Shanto-Mariam University of creative Technology.

    when i applied to UK NARIC for certificate evaluation and to know the level of english , UK NARIC have given me feedback as below

    “”Dear Sir / Madam,
    Unfortunately we are not in a position to proceed with your application based on this qualification for the following reason:

    The level of the qualification that you have submitted does not constitute a full undergraduate cycle in the country of origin. Therefore it does not meet the criteria for this service and we are unable to comment on the level of your qualification.

    Kind regards
    UK NARIC “”

    this is really unfortunate for me, and i would like to know what is the procedure by UK NARIC to make my university Enlisted.

    this university have really super good reputation in Bangladesh and there are number of student passed out from here and get admitted in master’s program directly in different university in UK.

    also this university is listed and approved by UGC , see link- http://www.ugc.gov.bd/en/home/university/private/75

    i have paid all the charges and all documents are uploaded in the UK NARIC syestem.

    i really really need help now , please please help

    Best Regards

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Ruhul,

      Thank you for your comment.

      We are unable to comment on specific applications via social media. If you log on to your UK NARIC application you can send a message via the secure user portal and an Information Adviser can assist you.

      We are able to comment on qualifications that have been awarded by nationally accredited bodies in the country of origin, such as the UGC in Bangladesh. The types and levels of qualification we can comment on however is dependent on the service for which you have applied.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  60. Pylyp Jérémy says:


    I asked for a statement of comparability , and uk naric told me that they can’t proceed with my application because my course is too short ( < 2 weeks).They told me I can ask for a refund . So I sent  them to know how to do so but I haven't got any answers yet. Can you help me how to do for a refund?

    Best regards Jérémy Pylyp

    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Jérémy Pylyp,

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      We are unable to comment on specific applications via social media. Please send a message via the secure user portal (if you have not already) and an adviser will happily look into this further for you. Please note that due to the large volume of written communication we receive, a response can take up to five working days, however we do endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

      I hope is of assistance to you.

  61. Fabio says:

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I am a EU citizen currently residing in Germany, and I am in the process of applying for a job in the UK, however, in ordered to be offered a position, I require a grade C in GCSE English or a statement of comparability from UK NARIC.

    As I currently hold no English language certificates, I am contacting you to ask which qualifications are considered comparable to a grade C in GCSE English so that I may take the necessary exams as soon as possible. Would an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic suffice?

    Thank you in advance for your assistance,


    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Fabio,

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      We are unable to comment on specific qualifications via social media. In regards to acceptable alternatives to GCSE English, this is at the discretion of where you are applying to.

      Usually, language proficiency awards such as IELTS or similar are not considered to be similar to GCSE English as they concern linguistic ability rather than English as an academic subject. Potential employers/ admitting institutions, however, set their own requirements and therefore this may meet their needs.

      I hope this helps.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

  62. Kenny Olat says:

    Dear Sir/Ma,
    Please I want to ask if NARIC comparability assessment certificate will specify the type of Bachelors degree I have, which is Bachelor (Hons) Degree and not Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree, having fulfilled the requirements of the former. I ask this because I want to use it for job promotion at work.
    In a situation where NARIC does not specify the type of Bachelors Degree, please who will do it for the purpose I want to use it. Is it my employer and would my employer need to apply to NARIC again?
    I will be very glad if you could provide solutions to my issue, which is mind boggling.
    Thanking you for your anticipated consideration and assistance.

    Yours faithfully,


    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Kenny,

      Thank you for the query.

      The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability service only compares the overall comparable level of an award to a level within the UK national qualification framework- due to disparities in the mode of study, grading, teaching, assessment systems and content, it is not possible for us to convert grades from one system to another and as such does not form part of the service. The interpretation of grades and determination of degree classifications – where appropriate – is carried out by admitting institutions / employers in the UK in the context of the system in which the award was obtained.

      I hope this is of assistance.

      Kind regards

      UK NARIC

  63. Hadjer says:

    Dear Sir or Madam
    I have recently applied for a statement of compatibility however I have been given a statement that says that my degree is equivalent to British Bachelor Degree without specifying if it is honours . Although it clearly shows that I have done 4 years studies and dissertation project just what it is required for. A honours degree . No I have asked for review but I was only given information of how NARIC assess and so on. I don’t know what to do to get this corrected because it is preventing me to submit my application for biomedical scientist registration . Could you please guide me what to do to get this resolved .

    Thank you

    Best regards


    • UK NARIC says:

      Dear Hadjer,

      Thank you for your message; we are unable to comment on specific applications or qualification comparisons via social media. If you send a message through the secure online user portal, an Officer will be able to comment on your case directly.

      Further information regarding the comparison provided can be found on our website here which may be of assistance to you.

      Details of our process for clarification and/or appeals can be found here.

      I hope this helps.

      Kind regards,

      UK NARIC

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,356 other followers