UK NARIC is the designated national agency for the recognition of international qualifications and professional skills in the United Kingdom.
We provide the only official source of information on international qualifications to organisations recruiting from overseas and to individuals wishing to work or study in the UK. Since 1997, we have performed this official function on behalf of the UK Government.
UK NARIC’s role and functions are key to today’s globalised economy, to the free movement of labour and students, and to managed migration.
Understanding international qualifications and professional competences unlocks individual potential and ensures the benefits that international professionals can bring to the host country.
With over 20 years’ experience of continuous and on-going research into education systems and professional skills frameworks across the globe, UK NARIC has built one of the largest knowledge and data banks on international qualifications in the world.
Today, UK NARIC data banks are made available via web browser to hundreds of subscriber members worldwide, including every university in the UK and universities in over 50 countries, colleges and other educational institutions, professional bodies and large international businesses.
Our data range over 4,000 qualifications from 186 countries, former states or territories, and now extend to cutting edge grade comparisons data for an expanding number of countries.
Our unique expertise makes us a global leader and reference point for international qualifications and skills certification. We conduct advanced research, often in joint projects with overseas partners; we deliver benchmarking services for awards; we capacity build for governments and education authorities; and we supply raw data on qualifications for integration into human resources systems and software.
We are sought out by national governments, education authorities, professional institutes and secondary, vocational and higher education awarding bodies as an expert consultant for advice, specialist technical input and capacity building and development.
Our work encompasses:
- mutual recognition agreements (government to government) – unlocking study and work opportunities and supporting educational and knowledge exchange
- independent appraisal of qualifications and systems – evaluating the quality and standards of education internationally
- development and referencing of qualifications and qualification frameworks – supporting the recognition and transferability of qualifications worldwide
- mapping of skills and occupations to inform policies on migration – facilitating labour mobility and the development of bridging and support measures
- capacity building – in the areas of: establishment of national agencies; implementing the Bologna process; quality assurance
UK NARIC represents the UK government in the forums of the European Union, the Council of Europe and UNESCO, is an active and leading member of the international network of ENIC-NARIC agencies, and has been an important contributor to the work of the Asia-Europe ASEM in establishing the network of National Information Centres (ANICs) throughout Asia.
For information about the copyright on this blog please visit: https://uknaric.org/about/copyright/